Astrix button and "play Button" context menus

chef

I noticed that when using interfaces from MBPlus it is the astrix button I have to press to get a "play from here/play all" context menu to appear. I use this mostly from music.

In mbc chocolate theme, it is the "play" button I use to pull up the context strip which has some of the same options.

Is it possible to utilize only one way of accessing these kind of context menus in mbc/plus?

My wife is super confused.

It would be amazing if the "play" button would access the menu, the astrix button is small and apparently completely invisible to women... Ahemmm....

When my wife chooses an album from MBPlus music, the mbc context menu appears but then focus goes back to the ui behind it. It is then impossible to get rid of the menu unless you restart mbc.

She always wants to press the "play" button on an album, and expects the album to start playing from that particular index to the end. However it doesn't happen that way.

If she presses "OK" on a song, only that song will play and not the rest of the album.

So, If this is possible ("play" button pulls up "play from here/etc.. Context menu) I would be extremely happy, and I will probably get to keep the htpc going for a while longer. You know WAF :)

In mbc chocolate theme, it is the "play" button I use to pull up the context strip which has some of the same options.

Is this new? I only knew the * could be used in Chocolate, which is.. eehhh... far from logical (also according to my wife ;-) )

I remember @@ebr once explained that it was not possible to set it to another logical button due to the MCE legacy it is depending on... 

The Asterisk and Play menus are different menus.  The Asterisk is the true context menu and is available on just about any item.  This should be consistent even in MB Plus.

The Play button is the play button and will only produce a menu if the play request is ambiguous - meaning you've asked to play some sort of container that has multiple items so we need to know exactly what and how you want to play it (all, shuffle, etc.).  This also should be consistent except that MB Plus will not always produce a menu in all of its interfaces - instead it makes an intelligent decision for you.

For instance, if you hit the play button while looking at a Playlist in the playlist interface of MB Plus, it will just start playing that list from the point where you are.

It is possible the music side has some holes because it isn't used as much as everything else.  So, if you can give me exact steps of what she is doing I can make sure the program is responding the way it should.

Yeah, Chef, I see what you are talking about.  There is no "Play" menu in the specialized music interface in MB Plus.  That is just an oversight.

I put up version 1.0.4.4 of the MBPlus.Classic plug-in as a Dev version.  Please try it out and let me know if the play menu works properly where you were trying it before.

• Like 1

Ebr, thank you!

I will try it tonight after the kids are asleep.

Edited by chef