Transcoding only running single threaded

Ramion

So I'm certain this is addressed somewhere else, I just can't seem to find it. please point me in the right direction if you can.

I've been running media browser server for a little over a year with few issues, but recently I've extended its use with multiple remote users, switched to Media Browser Theatre for local use and added anime to my media library. The Anime plugin works great, thank you to its developers and to Media Browsers. the problem I run into is subs force transcoding, which I did very little of before adding the anime, and watching my CPU performance on the server while transcoding a single core spikes up to 100% while the other 5 sit in the 20s range and I get stuttering.

Server info

AMD Phenom II 1055T 6 core processor

16gb RAM

windows server 2008 R2

Media Browser Version 3.0.5445.6

My first assumption is there is a codec issue, it's a server so I doubt I've installed any specific codecs at any time and I don't know which would be the best to use for Media Browser transcoding. if someone could give me some advice or point me to a resource I could use to get this running in a more optimized fashion it would be appreciated.

EDIT:

I forgot to mention that the stuttering only occurs with some files, in many cases one core is enough to transcode with subs enabled. and the worst playback so far has only occured with a single series so I'll include the media info for one of those files for example.

Media Info
Video
CodecH264
ProfileHigh
Level40
Resolution1920x1080
Aspect ratio16:9
AnamorphicNo
InterlacedNo
Framerate23.97602
Bitrate4245 kbps
Bit depth8 bit
Pixel formatyuv420p
Ref frames4
CABACYes
Audio
Languagejpn
CodecFLAC
Layoutstereo
Sample rate48000 khz
DefaultYes
Subtitle
Languageeng
CodecPGSSUB
DefaultYes
ForcedNo
ExternalNo
Containermkv
PathZ:\Anime\Eureka Seven\Season 2\Eureka Seven - S02E02 Bluray-1080p.mkv
Size762 MB
Edited by Ramion

we would need specific examples of what app you're using, and transcoding logs would be helpful too. if it's encoding to webm that currently is only single threaded, but h264 is multithreaded

I experienced this both locally and remotely using web browser and locally using MBT, I won't be able to provide transcoding logs until tomorrow sometime when I'm able to access the server itself.

I've also discovered the files for the series giving the most trouble may in fact be broken, so those have been replaced and this may be less of an issue than I thought.