MB Intros Directory Filter

memc

Is there any way to choose to play intro's only for selected directories with the media collection? There was an option for this with the old plugin but cannot seem to locate an option under the new one. I want to be able to play intro's only for my movie collection. Thanks.

No, the configuration was simplified and is now based around users instead of media locations.

Intros will only play back for movies though.

mboehler

My wife complained that some of her documentaries (that Media Browser recognizes as movies) were showing intros before them.  What I did was create a new user profile called "Movie Theater" and only add movies under that.  This is the only profile that has any intros in it.  All other profiles do not have treatments.

This is cool because if we want the full movie theater experience, we will use the Movie Theater profile.  If we just want to watch a TV show or a movie without all the extra stuff, we will use one of our normal profiles.

• Like 1

That is an interesting solution but will be a problem with play states.

Another thing to realize is that, in MBC, if you hit the play button on your remote from a list of movies instead of the play button on the interface in the detail view, intros will not be played.

So there is a way to bypass intros whenever you want.  Hopefully, the other clients will implement a similar quick-play feature.

Yeah my wife called me saying that a show she tried to watch started playing my intros even though it wasn't a movie. EBR, how does MB Intros determine if it's a movie or not as some things are incorrectly seen as movies? Hitting the play button on the remote works for bypassing the intros. I'll have to tell the wife.

Well, any video that isn't a MusicVideo (designated by collection type) is pretty much a Movie to MBC.  This is because, again, we are dealing with a lot of legacy code.

What I may do is implement another tag option like the custom-intro tag.  Maybe an intro-ignore tag and that item and children will not get intros..

• Like 1

Savage13

I'll put my 2cents in for a request to be able to specify intros by location (i.e. folder).  It was nice because I had an intro for Disney movies, an intro for Universal movies, etc.  I'd love to be able to do that again.

Attributes are so much more powerful. Why not just do it for the disney studio instead of a location. Or the family genre.

I'll put my 2cents in for a request to be able to specify intros by location (i.e. folder).  It was nice because I had an intro for Disney movies, an intro for Universal movies, etc.  I'd love to be able to do that again.

You can do this now.  That's what a "tag-based" intro is.  Just add the proper tag to the folder that contains those movies and it will play.

Savage13

I see, that's wonderful!  Are there directions somewhere that will show how to do that?  Honestly if I could do it specifically for the studio that would work too.  Just not sure how to do it for folder or for studio.  I appreciate the help!

The "i" buttons on each of those intro types will provide a description of how that intro type works:

52725711c4839_tagintro.png

Savage13

I guess maybe I'm dumb, just not seeing one that looks obvious for setting an intro based on studio. Which would you use? I think I get how to do it for a folder though setting each folder up as a separate entry in the library doesn't seem efficient, but the idea of setting up by studio seems wonderful.

There is currently not an intro based on studio.

There are tons of possibilities for intros and the old plug-in implemented most of them.  However, it was very complex and had a very low adoption rate.  So, this version is starting out much simpler.

• 8 months later...
Savage13

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread....just want to make sure I didn't miss it.  I've been able to use the tag-based intros for individual movies just fine, but is there a way to do it either by media folder or by studio?  I tried editing the studio info in the server and add the tag there, but when I do and save it...it's not there the next time I pull up the studio info.  Is this by design?  Having to tag each of over 400 movies would be very tiresome but I'll do it if I have to...just hoping for an easier solution.  

Tags will be read from parents as well as individual items.  However, since I implemented this functionality, I believe the server has removed the ability to save tags for certain items.

So, if all your Disney movies were in one folder, you used to be able to put the intro tag on the folder but I'm not sure the server will let you do that anymore.  If that feature is gone and not coming back, I may just need to remove the tag-based intros altogether.

Savage13

Please don't remove it altogether.  At least with the tags I can tag each movie of a particular studio to play the studio's intro.  I'm not sure of another way it would be possible (if there is please tell me).  I was just hoping for an easier way than tagging each individual movie.  In the old version of intros I did it my media location but I understand that's not possible now.  

I've added them back to studios and folders for the upcoming stable release.