Square theme cosmetic issue

ronvp

I noticed a small cosmetic issue with square in detailed view, it happens on 3 different pc's. It is mostly only a nuisance..

Basically, when I go to detailed view the first time, it all looks ok (Folder aligns with left side of the screen), then after selecting the next movie button a few times (while in detailed view), after the 4th or 5th or 6th (random). the movie folder does not line up with the left side of the screen anymore.

See screen shots below

547a4365a8d21_Capture2.jpg

547a43449f0e7_Capture.jpg

Soultaker

Question, is your artwork on another server? do you have harddrives which have spun down?

I think there is some latency in getting back the primary image, causing some weird display issues. I'll see if I can have a play with this.

Question, is your artwork on another server? do you have harddrives which have spun down?

I think there is some latency in getting back the primary image, causing some weird display issues. I'll see if I can have a play with this.

My artwork is on my server, all raid drives are spinning 24/7.

Based on your latency comments, I tried another thing; Normally, my "View Menu" is set to "Poster Wall" and my "Cover menu" is set to "Thumb". So no Primary images are loaded. With these settings, I can repeat this issue every time on every machine. But when I set my "Cover menu" to "Poster", and scroll all movies from 1 to Z and make sure that all Primary images are actually loaded build by CoverArt and have now been cached the problem goes away completely.. what is more, if I then switch back and set my "View Menu" back to Poster wall" the problem is there but it requires a lot faster browsing in detail view.

My guess is that because the posters are now already cached, the latency problem goes away..

If I now shut down MCE and then start back up after a few minutes, The cache appears to be cleared, because the problem comes back..

Soultaker

Cool at least your setup is reproducible. I will be posting an alpha before the pats game today for you to test out. I'll let you know when it's available in this thread. Thx.

@@ronvp try Square v1.12.1.0 it is tagged as a beta release. Please let me know how you get on.

Tried in on my main server, and it all looks good. let me test it on the other machines also. I need to wait just a little bit, I am doing maintenance on my Server..

Edit: I checked my other machine and it look fine now.. Thanks for the quick fix..

Correction, it is no longer having any folder alignment issues, but now response times are very slow. As much as waiting for 2 to 3 seconds before the next detailed view is showing..

Tried it now on a 3rd machine and it is just very slow to browse through detailed view, especially if the collection view is set to use the thumbs

1 more edit: I now moved my cache to my SSD (the same as where MBS is installed on) and it is a little better, but still not near as responsive as Chocolate or ROC.. It seams that the program is trying to compile something after releasing the next key, rather than using the animations to mask the lag...

Edited by ronvp

Soultaker

That sounds very strange, I havent added any performance related changes. I simply reserved a set amount of space for the primary image. The other thing is that has changed is the people panel where those are now images rather than pure text, could this be possibly the reason of the slow down.

Soultaker

So I ran some perf analysis on MBC, it seems that every person image requires a JSON call to the server just to retrieve the image. That can easily mean 20 additional JSON calls.This sucks I will have to code up a system to allow users to choose which type of people panel to use (old vs new) simply to get around a technical implementation.

That sounds very strange, I havent added any performance related changes. I simply reserved a set amount of space for the primary image. The other thing is that has changed is the people panel where those are now images rather than pure text, could this be possibly the reason of the slow down.

The previous version, was very responsive to the next button click, it just do not align the primary image every time..

1.12.1.2 is up with the toggle for people panel (default is off).

This version works perfectly and it is more responsive then ever.  It is very fast.. I actually like the interface of a list and then select to see the actors picture much better.

• Like 1

one more comment/suggestion. In the detailed view, the back ground and the tile that shows the movie details are 1 and the same and they both cycle together also. It looks a little strange.

Can the picture in the detailed view not be the thumb (if available) or even better the Disc?

Edited by ronvp

Noticed the below in the people panel with long names.. maybe they need to be trunked or placed in scrolling text boxes.. 

547c6aa6ed265_Capture.jpg

Edited by ronvp