HockeyStreams channel that can work on all apps

Killervette

Killervette

Just tried with Kodi and none of the channels seem to work via DLNA, can you make any one of them load? I'm beginning to think there may be a more general problem with DLNA and channels. Gonna try another client to make sure.

Ok, let me know if I should do something

hamstercat

I tried again with a DLNA client for iOS and it was working, so I'm guessing it's something with your particular install or hardware. I don't know much about DLNA, but I'm sure some people in this forum could help you if you ask in the DLNA sub-forum.

On another note, BallStreams is coming! I won't be able to test it for now, but a lot will be reused between the two channels so it should be easier.

Killervette

I tried again with a DLNA client for iOS and it was working, so I'm guessing it's something with your particular install or hardware. I don't know much about DLNA, but I'm sure some people in this forum could help you if you ask in the DLNA sub-forum.

On another note, BallStreams is coming! I won't be able to test it for now, but a lot will be reused between the two channels so it should be easier.

Ok, I posted in the dlna forum to see what's up, then I will test some more.

Deihmos

This is great. I don't use hockeystream but I am waiting for ballstreams. You should post this on the hockstream website so they can publish it as an available client.

hamstercat

Yep, I'm hoping they feature it like the one for Kodi, Plex, etc.

In the meantime I uploaded a dev release of BallStreams. It's very untested (no subscription so I couldn't event login), but everything is based off on the HockeyStreams channel. If you could try it and tell me if there's any obvious errors or crash that'd be great!

hamstercat

I'll upload it to Google Drive when I get home in about 30 minutes and post the link here, maybe I missed a step in the uploading.

hamstercat

Ho my bad, I misunderstood. If you see an error message when trying to log send me that, and also the server log.

hamstercat

I may have found the problem, I uploaded a new version. Can you try it? If it still doesn't work I'll look at your server log.

Deihmos

It now works and works great in WMC. The on Demand folder is empty and there is a folder with the name Condensed that has the On Demand. How does it select the server region? Maybe you can add those settings eventually. This should attract some users.

Edited by Deihmos

Killervette

I am still trying to get my dlna working correctly. What video file type is the stream for live tv? I want to make sure my dlna profile has it listed.

It doesn't matter because the server is converting as necessary for the device, based on the options set in the dlna profile.

Killervette

It doesn't matter because the server is converting as necessary for the device, based on the options set in the dlna profile.

Well, I always get a internal server error 500 when I try to play any channel content like hockey streams or trailers

hamstercat

Can you also add the true live stream?

Yeah sure, I remember seeing that in their API. I'll add that whenever I can. I want to group all different types of feed under a single "folder" so there are less redundant matches in the view, I'll add that at the same time.

Well, I always get a internal server error 500 when I try to play any channel content like hockey streams or trailers

From what I'm understanding, it can be either your server installation or the DLNA profile. Has Luke has said, the server should transcode if the profile says it doesn't support the type of stream. For the record, if I remember well HockeyStreams returns mostly unecrypted HLS streams.

Killervette

If I was going to make a transcode profile for the stream, what would the video/audio codec and container be? I can add hls as the protocol, but I need the other two

hamstercat

I won't have access to my computer for a couple of days, but when I do I'll check it up and reply here.

Killervette

Also, if it makes a difference I enabled transcode logging and no log is created when trying to play the video. So I assume it is trying to direct play. Therefore the dlna profile must have a setting for whatever type of video stream this is. If I can figure out what type of video it is, maybe I can modify the profile to ensure it transcodes it.