Proper file naming etiquette?

w00ds

Hi.  I've been a long time user of streaming media.  I have a large library and purposely have kept a uniform format for my file names as follow:

Movies:   NAME.QUALITY.YEAR.mp4

TV:   SERIESNAME.EPISODENAME.SXX.EXX.mp4 (with proper folder structure to correspond as well i.e. /Series/Season_X/*)

It is very odd that mediabroswer is not able to comprehend/parse this information easily.  Everything since mediatomb (back in day) all the way to Plex (awesome software) which I'm using now that I've been using has easily recognize and understand.

I feel there should be a way to provide MB3 your own method to parse a filename to convenience of the admin/user.  Anyone able to shed light on this?

**P.S. I would rename all my stuff but its about 12,000 tv episodes & 3,000 movies**

Thank you for getting back to me.  What should I do in my scenario then?  I notice that some files are actually catching and some are not even though they both have the same naming structure.

I think I know what it is, all my 1080p movies are messing up with the parsing of matching, ie MovieName.1080p.2014.mp4 will not be matched but MovieName.2014.mp4 will be matched.  I recommend a quick fix for alot of people is to just snip out of the search automatically anything that has a resolution match, ie 360p, 480p, 720p, 1080p/i

Can I do this myself somehow?  If so, possible to shed light?  Thanks again for your time.

Edited by w00ds