Offline function for music for mobile app

DjKazuu
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

DjKazuu

Hello,

How about the function that allows you to listen to music on the go, for example on YouTube or Spotify, without using up your data, i.e. offline mode

Best regards

Hi, have you tried using the download features in the app?

DjKazuu

hi, Yes, but then he downloads the files to the phone, it's not like YT or Spotify

1 minute ago, DjKazuu said:

hi, Yes, but then he downloads the files to the phone, it's not like YT or Spotify

Not like how?

DjKazuu

Hi, not really because then I can put the music on my phone straight away, it will work out the same

What do you mean by straight away? Can you please be a little more descriptive about what you are asking? Thanks.

DjKazuu
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

What do you mean by straight away? Can you please be a little more descriptive about what you are asking? Thanks.

Hello, Currently with the emby APP, if you download the music then it is on your phone. This is no different than if I put the music directly on my phone, and with YT or Spotify, for example, this is not the case.

darkassassin07

Downloading for offline playback using Youtube, Spotify, or Emby all perform the same thing:

They Download the files to your device for later playback.

The difference between Emby and the others; is the files downloaded are directly available for playback both in the emby app and other apps. The files are yours to do what you like with after all.

YouTube and Spotify encrypt that data forcing you to use their apps to view/play it.

Once you have downloaded media through an emby app and are offline: open the emby app; it should fail to connect to your server and display the 'select server' page. From here, select 'downloads' to view content available offline.

You can also access this content using the downloads menu in the sidebar while connected to your server, or through any other file browser/media player app.

18 hours ago, DjKazuu said:

Hi.  Those apps are downloading the files too.  They just do it without you seeing it.

• Solution

@DjKazuucan you please clarify your request? Thanks !