Image sizing issue in detail view

arrbee99

arrbee99

So where do I mention the odd bug ?  - here or Github (here, as in Emby, would be less trouble hint hint but its not important)

3 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

So where do I mention the odd bug ?

Which bug?

arrbee99
Posted (edited)

The bug(?) playing with the app on a 4K Windows PC where the poster size / change in size doesn't seem to be co-operating -

You mentioned poster dynamic sizing, but poster covers text

WMCEmby.117poster.thumb.jpg.8f76d61aff359b060b501b81d27f2adb.jpg

and poster gets needlessly small

WMCEmby.117poster1.thumb.jpg.218e3d2fb8e208b51027b076a989ca93.jpg

it seems like as you scroll left to right through Synposis, Tracks, Actions it stays the same size. Then you get to cast & crew it shrinks and stays shrunk for Trailers Chapters etc.

Maybe its not size but positioning ? (or its just me). Seems the same whether windowed or full screen.

Also in 12 Angry Men, the boom of the G gets chopped off a bit.

WMC Emby .117 poster.jpg

Edited by arrbee99
  • Agree 1

arrbee99

Also, if I go to server settings, move about a bit and back out again to the home page, if I move to the left server settings stays highlighted -

WMCEmby.117serversettings.thumb.jpg.3bb00745d8648c3a9a8fd85a093fc974.jpg

I split and moved this issue.

For the image sizing, I can reproduce. I need to check what happened.

12 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

Also, if I go to server settings, move about a bit and back out again to the home page, if I move to the left server settings stays highlighted -

Could it be that your mouse pointer is still above the button?

arrbee99

Similar for TV episodes - thought probably just the 4:3 ones -

WMCEmby.1174to3episodes.thumb.jpg.8d364081eb67822e1e70670a821220b8.jpg

And for TV series scrolling left to right, images shrinks when getting to 'Seasons'

arrbee99
5 minutes ago, softworkz said:

Could it be that your mouse pointer is still above the button?

Don't think so, pretty sure it did the same on the Shield as well. If it was imagination regarding Shield will let you know, but think thats were I noticed it first.

• Thanks 1

I have a great fix for you: Login as admin user and allow deletion of items in the libraries. Then it will show the "Delete" button which will fix the image overlap, hehe.. :D 

• Like 1

arrbee99
15 minutes ago, softworkz said:

I have a great fix for you: Login as admin user and allow deletion of items in the libraries. Then it will show the "Delete" button which will fix the image overlap, hehe.. :D 

You really know how to tempt a person...

Peter Nent
On 6/7/2024 at 6:09 AM, arrbee99 said:

Similar for TV episodes - thought probably just the 4:3 ones -

WMCEmby.1174to3episodes.thumb.jpg.8d364081eb67822e1e70670a821220b8.jpg

And for TV series scrolling left to right, images shrinks when getting to 'Seasons'

I have exactly the same issue: the picture is over the characters....too large ?, please fix it if possible ?, thanks. Peter

It's fixed already for the next update.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Peter - did you watch the videos? 

Any performance issues when switching to the UHD UI mode?

Peter Nent

I'm using Emby WMC on a NUC-7i/16G/SSD/Win11 and didn't get any issues in the UHD UI mode, probably it also depends on the system specs: there is ofcource a difference between  a Celeron CPU and an i7 CPU (or AMD equivalents), simluar with videochip/cards.

I suggest to use 2 different spec's: (1) for Full-HD en (2) for UHD, simular for Android, etc. mby WMC platforms. 

Grtz. Peter

9 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

I suggest to use 2 different spec's: (1) for Full-HD en (2) for UHD, simular for Android, etc. mby WMC platforms. 

That's exactly the opposite of what I want to do. Right now, there are 4 sets of images (images, images_uhd, images_deep, images_steel), each set includes about 570 images, makes 2280 images in total. The intention is to remove the first set, but no way to add two additional ones 🙂 

In the next update, the UHD mode will be enabled by default but you'll be able to switch back. If no bad issues arise, the non-uhd graphics will be removed soon after. 

Thanks for the feedback!

Peter Nent

Dear Softworkz, understand your dilemma, but... what I suggest has nothing to do with your set of images, but the system specs user should follow:

(1) if they like to use Emby WMC in Full-HD modes: specs =.... 

(2) if they like to use Emby WMC in UHD modes: specs =....

as it is a user selectable option in WMC gui, the user can choose themselves following your advise for (1) of (2).

Regards, Peter

6 minutes ago, Peter Nent said:

as it is a user selectable option in WMC gui, the user can choose themselves following your advise for (1) of (2).

That option is just temporary for testing and meant to go away 🙂