After upgrade to 4.8.5 shows will skip back 1 sec or so and replay

zebo51

zebo51

I finally made the jump from 4.7.14 to 4.8.5.  Since then while watching shows it will sporadically skip back.5s or 1s ish and replay.  Just like a quick rewind and then plays that same 1s over and keeps going on with the show.  No stopping or errors on screen.  It has done it with several different shows now so it doesn't seem to be a bad file etc.  I'm running emby on windows 11 and using Rokus.  It has done it on 2 different rokus.  No subtitles or anything extra. 

A couple times the app would just crash, I would reopen, start show and it would crash again after a few seconds.  One time I noticed on the dashboard that the show was still playing  After I rebooted everything I haven't seen that happen again, just the shows skipping back.

I found a spot in a show that kept doing it, but after I enabled debug logging on the server and roku it didn't do it again.  So I'm still working on getting a log.

Please let me know who might work this issue so I can send them my log once I get it, I don't like to post logs publicly. 

Thanks

• Agree 1

zebo51
Posted (edited)

Just happened and while trying to grab logs my emby server crashed and rebooted.  I did have debug turned on in the roku settings and did the Send Log option.

It happened while watching Star Trek Discovery around 11:24 eastern and 24:52 into the show.  I rewound a couple times so it would show it a few times in that time frame.  As long as I stay in that spot and pause and go back it will keep doing it.  If I stop the show and then resume the same spot doesn't keep happening.

I have the embyserver and ffmeg logs to send too when ready.

Thanks

Edit: Caught another one, same show during the credits, 56:15 into the show.  Around 12:19p eastern.  Sent logs from Roku.

Edited by zebo51

Hi.  I don't think there is anything in the app log that will tell us anything.  It is just progressing with playback until you start pausing and jumping back.  I suspect this is the HLS segments getting mixed up during the remux/transcode.  It could indicate a timing issue in the file itself (like it was stitched together or something) or could be some other anomaly.

Please send the server and ffmpeg logs to Luke.

zebo51
34 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I don't think there is anything in the app log that will tell us anything.  It is just progressing with playback until you start pausing and jumping back.  I suspect this is the HLS segments getting mixed up during the remux/transcode.  It could indicate a timing issue in the file itself (like it was stitched together or something) or could be some other anomaly.

Please send the server and ffmpeg logs to Luke.

Ok thanks.  Logs sent to @Luke

HI, we're looking into this .Thanks.