AV1 Playback on macOS app

lionn1

lionn1

Hi there,

I just want to add my 2p here, I can very much guarantee that anyone with mac has this issue especially with AV1. 

With any AV1 file, it will direct play but only with a black video stream and audio working fine.

If you transcode it at 720p 4mbps, then the video will output fine (if you transcode it at 1080p any bitrate, it won't have video at all, as far as I have tested)

This is still happening and it's not ideal to change every av1 stream's quality *down* when AV1's quality is superb and great on filesize (would be nice to utilise it!)

Weirdly enough! On Safari, if you play it, it won't direct play however it will have a working transcode at 1080p 8mbps (the app does not, it prefers 720p 4mbps) 

Let me know if there's anything you need me to provide.

lionn1

Hi there, 

Thanks for coming back to me!

I've done a full restart and created a whole new embyserver log as well as transcodes and had myself as the person streaming to avoid any confusion or mishap.

Attached all three files that were created in this process as well as three screenshots which should hopefully show what I mean?

If I need to record or anything like that, let me know

Versions:
Emby Server: 4.8.5.0
Emby App: 2.2.15 (21) - I have just checked and there is a 2.2.19 (25) that is from your own website, and this still does the same thing unfortunately. (21) is from the appstore
MacOS: Sonoma 14.4.1 (23E224)

Hope this helps!

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.54.57-1000.png

Screenshot 2024-05-01 at 12.42.59-1000.png

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-bdd378cd-c788-4039-9dcf-14b531d2e4d0_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-bdd378cd-c788-4039-9dcf-14b531d2e4d0_1 (1).txt

lionn1

Apologies If I'm wrong with how the forums work and if you do get notified, but I'm just tagging @Luke in case - as I didn't quote reply!

Hi, we're looking into this. Thanks.