4850 Server docker in synology

supermood

supermood

hi I don't have enable real time monitoring anymore with this update (it's there, and checked, but it's not monitoring and updating)

4th time now I'm starting the task manually in the last 2 days.

the recent docker update to 4850 is the only thing that has changed on my side. is this a possible explanation? some changes? bugs? anyone else? 

thanks!! 

GrimReaper

You're likely hitting inotify watches/instances limits - do you see any related errors in the log? 

Edited by GrimReaper

supermood

ui, never heard of that! I'm on lifetime member I thought I don't have to words about library size? 

let me check thanks 

supermood

nothing with instances limits or inotify in the log. I see lib scan was performed tonight and today after my manual start. no issues it's running smooth. it's just not auto updating / monitoring anymore. I have 4 libs and I can only say it's not working for one of them. I don't know the other 3, no new content 

GrimReaper
25 minutes ago, supermood said:

ui, never heard of that! I'm on lifetime member I thought I don't have to words about library size?

That's system/OS parameter, not dependent on your membership. 

• Like 1

supermood
6 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

thanks! but def nothing like that in the log. do I have to turn on debugging or something like that? 

GrimReaper
Just now, supermood said:

do I have to turn on debugging or something like that?

Nope. If there were any related errors thrown, they'd be visible.

supermood

then I just have only one other idea that has changed. I've set up an vpn tunnel to Nordvpn on the synology. but everything works as before, just a bit slower in max speed.

every app and docker has internet access. why should the emby docker be different? and if monitoring starts but not metadata from extern there should be an log entry as well? 

so, it has to be the update? 

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, supermood said:

then I just have only one other idea that has changed. I've set up an vpn tunnel to Nordvpn on the synology. but everything works as before, just a bit slower in max speed.

every app and docker has internet access. why should the emby docker be different? and if monitoring starts but not metadata from extern there should be an log entry as well? 

That should not affect RTM, if anything - it might potentially affect metadata download, if, for example, providers were geo-blocking or blacklisting subset of IP addresses known as VPN addresses -  but in that case you'd see outgoing requests timeouts in the log, as well. 

supermood

as I said.... 😉 even I have sometimes my bright IT moments... 

so what now? I will restart nas and will check again tomorrow but in general, is there anything I could provide or the emby team can check without me?

if only I'm affected the problem is very likely not the emby server? 

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, supermood said:

is there anything I could provide

I'd assume you know how the process goes. 

Provide log from the time of occurrence, when you added new content and expected RTM to pick it up, Dev will likely comment or some fellow user encountering same issue might offer some insight.

• Thanks 1

supermood
On 4/28/2024 at 5:59 PM, GrimReaper said:

Hi I thought i give that fix a try but something doesnt ad up? I was always good with math ,)

task configured:
sysctl fs.inotify.max_user_watches=1048576;

AND the sentence: 
The maximum number of watches allowed in Unix is 524,288

so setting the task higher than the allowd value? 

THANKS!!!

supermood

hi Luke thanks, i saw that how to report... 

my question was about the 2 numbers 

1048576 vs 524288

that doesn't make sense

but anyway. I have other topics for the moment....

for example, trying to figure out if a r_volution 8k player and emby would work.... 

btw, I posted some month ago. you would really help me if one of you guys could use emby android with an tablet / keyboard / mouse in landscape mode for some weeks.

here s9 galaxy ultra. it's just not working. app freeze, overlay not hiding, mouse not visible..