Can not connect to my server anymore on my firestick 4K

Movieguy36
Go to solution Solved by Movieguy36,

Movieguy36

Hi I'm having trouble connecting to my server on my firestick 4K and 4K Max.  I keep getting error connecting to server or unable to reach my laptop I have been trying for a month nothing is working. On my laptop it connects good on both my edge and chrome browser on my laptop but not my firestick anymore. It was working fine on my firestick last month then it wouldn't connect anymore April 2nd haven't since then, I have tried alot of things on the help forms in the emby community none worked. I don't know what else to do or what else to try or look for, is there any help I can get with this please ?

Hello Movieguy36,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi.  Can you try searching the Amazon store for just "Emby" and installing that app?

Movieguy36

I actually tried that on the emby fire tv app and the just emby app as well too all this week I got the same error my server will show but it wouldn't let me connect says unable to connect. i also had Jellyfin app installed as well and had the exact same issues with Jellyfin. I don't know if it's something on my laptop or firestick settings that's stopping it from connecting

pwhodges

Is Emby server on the laptop?  If so, check that the networking hasn't been flipped to public mode (it needs to be private); this is a thing Windows sometimes does unexpectedly with updates.

Paul

• Solution
Movieguy36

Yes my network is set to private but I figured it out lol this whole entire time I had to restart my router and modem a few hours later just now it must have took effect and now I can connect to emby on my firestick and apple tv

• Thanks 2