Scheduled Viewing

Scott D

Scott D

I may be a little late to the show, but I recently discovered a feature of my television that has changed the way I watch t.v. these days.  In the guide for my t.v., there is an option to schedule a viewing of a channel in the future.

How it works: 
While watching a show (or during the endless commercial breaks), pull up the guide.  Browse through upcoming shows on all the channels available.  If something is of interest, scroll over to the program and select it.  It will then ask to CONFIRM the scheduling of program for future.  Once confirmed it is added to a queue.  If a program has already been scheduled that would conflict, a secondary confirmation appears.

A few minutes before the scheduled program begins, a pop-up appears to remind me that the channel will change in a few minutes.  I can simply ignore the pop-up and it go away and it will happen as requested, or I can cancel the change if desired.

Emby has a similar function, but one step is missing.  Instead of adding the program to a queue and automatically changing the channel, the only option is to schedule the program to be recorded.  It would (in my opinion) be an awesome function to add to the Live TV viewing experience the automatic change of channels at the start of a future program.

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: