HEIC file metadata keywords not being read and sorted in Tags

ElektronVolt

ElektronVolt

Emby does not seem to be parsing the metadata tags for HEIC files. I can see view the imported HEIC files in the Photos tab, but they are not showing up in the Tags tab. It appears Emby is not parsing keywords properly for HEIC files like it can for JPEG and other formats, even though in the keywords for both formats are in the xmp-dc:subject metadata field.

Is this a known limitation?

Edited by ElektronVolt
Adding tags

HI there, can you please provide a sample file for testing? Thanks.

ElektronVolt

Hi, Luke. I just ran an experiment on a test HEIC and Emby actually did seem to read the keywords no problem. I had processed a couple hundred HEIC photos last time and the keywords did not appear, but I didn't really go down the rabbit hole to find out why. So, now I'm wondering if something odd happened during tagging.

For now, can you confirm that Emby should be reading the metadata from HEIC files? If so, then the problem is probably on my end. I will reprocess the photos and report back here when done.

• Thanks 1

ElektronVolt

OK. After deleting the HEICS from Emby, rescanning the library files, and then recopying them back to and again rescanning, the embedded keywords in the HEICs are now recognized in Emby. I swear I did this previously with no luck.

All good now. Thanks, Luke.

• Thanks 1