RFE - Missing Episodes TBA

DarkStar1977

DarkStar1977

Hi, I would like that the missing episodes are improved and stop considering TBA episodes as missing.

This is very common in Anime shows as you can see below:

image.thumb.png.03001b1a767a21568987a53627ec9851.png

If an episode is TBA is not missing, it has not yet been released.

This is as well creating false data of missing episodes on Statistics plugin @hackthis02

Happy2Play

At the same time that is information that TVDB is providing.  As it returns everything list for the Show.

But I guess not showing items with no air date should be possible.

@GrimReapercan this be move to FR.

jaycedk

Its not a FR I think it's a bug 😂🤣🤓

jaycedk

They should not show as missing if there is no air date.

No airdate should be disregarded.

No airdate is when nobody knows when it's going to be aired, or released. 

Happy2Play

Questionable as it is how TVDB api works so the dev would have code around what TVDB is providing.  As Emby has alway gotten complete Series in one take.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
6 hours ago, DarkStar1977 said:

That is actually incorrect, number of recently released/aired episodes either have TBA title (or other relevant data missing) or updated Title (or other data) hasn't been propagated yet to the API/TVDB cache updated. That's the primary reason Emby core periodic metadata refresh option or community plugins like this one exist:

Same goes for Release/Air Date, though it can be somewhat more accurate metric. Though some buffer should be allowed there, no aired/released date doesn't mean not aired/released.

12 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

@GrimReapercan this be move to FR.

Yeah.

Edited by GrimReaper

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

That is actually incorrect, number of recently released/aired episodes either have TBA title (or other relevant data missing) or updated Title (or other data) hasn't been propagated yet to the API/TVDB cache updated.

Catch 22 as that is incorrect also as this technically is Future/Upcoming unpropagated data as it is unknown.

image.thumb.png.fa1d6e385f2290bcb4e8856bc6594133.png

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Agree 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, Happy2Play said:

Catch 22 as that is incorrect also as this technically if Future/Upcoming unpropagated data as it is unknown.

image.thumb.png.fa1d6e385f2290bcb4e8856bc6594133.png

I honestly did not understand what are you saying there.

Happy2Play
Just now, GrimReaper said:

I honestly did not understand what are you saying there.

Well TBA on something that has aired would apply to what you posted TBA here is unknown title and unknown when it will air ie Future.Upcoming and technically not Missing so @Lukewould have to filter all the returned data and ensure no airdate does not show in Mising and ignore completely or only show in Upcoming.

GrimReaper
Just now, Happy2Play said:

Well TBA on something that has aired would apply to what you posted TBA here is unknown title and unknown when it will air ie Future.Upcoming and technically not Missing so @Lukewould have to filter all the returned data and ensure no airdate does not show in Mising and ignore completely or only show in Upcoming.

That is exactly what I said, referring to and quoting:

7 hours ago, DarkStar1977 said:

No, it doesn't mean only that and TBA title cannot be the only metric. Aired/Released date somewhat can (although it also isn't always exclusive) with some buffer time added.

Happy2Play

I guess in the end they will probably be ignored with no air date as they will not fail into any query data parameters.  As they are not missing and are not upcoming as there is no air date.  But this is totally up to the dev on how they want to handle this as it is what the api returns.

GrimReaper

Yep, between the two it is certainly lesser evil to exclude items with no air dates returned - cases where that would actually impact released episodes should be negligible (I stumble upon 5-6-10 such episodes a month, more-or-less, mostly on some obscure Chinese series).

I would think the safest bet would be to consider a null air date as future.

• Agree 3

jaycedk

Thank you, that's what I have been saying 😉

• Like 1