Customize the number of categories in each media library

yanlanfeixue

yanlanfeixue

Hi guys

I don't know if this counts as a personal request, but I think the number of categories it identifies and generates, whether it's a music genre or any other type of media library, exceeds the real usage needs.

I understand that you can choose which categories to enter by default in the Home Screen, but the problem of too many categories still exists. I want to customize the ability to hide or remove unwanted categories, which can simplify the UI and reduce unnecessary information in the field of view.

PixPin_2024-04-08_10-19-42.png

PixPin_2024-04-08_10-44-28.png

user24

Hi there, yes this is a good suggestion and is something other people have asked for. If you are using the web app, it may be possible to achieve want using custom CSS.

For Music I was able to remove Suggestions, Artists and Composers, Then, rearrange the rest for my preferred order. This is what I currently have:

image.thumb.jpeg.f10bcd5c593392ee022b8df5fd6ad484.jpeg

There is more information about how to do this here: Changing the Music Menu Tabs - what is possible?

Other than this method, I don't think it is possible to easily make any changes to the menu tabs.

Edited by user24

yanlanfeixue

Thank you so much for your help!

Yes, this problem will be very easy to fix when I use the webUI. But when I'm using apps for both ios and Android devices, this makes it difficult to customize the number of types.

I'll try using css on the webUI first, but I'd love to be able to let users customize them in future updates, unless there's a downside I haven't considered.

GrimReaper

Hi, there's already an open request for this or something functionally equivalent. Please join in and contribute to the existing discussion at: