Movie, TV show and Collection layout

hoopsdavis

hoopsdavis

I'd like to see the Movie, TV Show and Collections have the same layout as the "Suggestions" option.

It would be nice to see the better layout options.  Emby still appears to be a background media database.    Lets change it to a more proimary media interface.

• Disagree 1

Hi there, can you please describe more about what you mean? Thanks.

hoopsdavis
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe more about what you mean? Thanks.

Sure, I'd like to see a more horizantal layout with movie details when highlighted opposed to the vertical wall.    I'd just like to see one line of movies on the bottom with the movie details above when each movie is highlighted.    With just the plot, Genre, Year and rating.   A nice clean look without all the extra.

similar image attached

bigposters.png

Edited by hoopsdavis

MBSki

Where would you like to see this layout? In a collection, I definitely want to see the items vertically. I could have 100's of items in a collection. I don't want to have to scroll right for that many items.

hoopsdavis
3 minutes ago, MBSki said:

Where would you like to see this layout? In a collection, I definitely want to see the items vertically. I could have 100's of items in a collection. I don't want to have to scroll right for that many items.

I'd like to have the opion in Movies, Collections and TV shows.   

Right and that's the issue. It's suitable for a small list such as suggestions, recently added, etc.

It's not really suited for your entire library where you also need to sort and filter.

hoopsdavis
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right and that's the issue. It's suitable for a small list such as suggestions, recently added, etc.

It's not really suited for your entire library where you also need to sort and filter.

Shouldn't that be up to the user?   I'm not asking to changed the interface, just another layout option.    For those who like the original, they'll have it but for those who like something different, another option would be good to have.

Edited by hoopsdavis

MBSki

Why would you want a horizontal scroll for an entire library? I get added an "enhanced view", but horizontal in a library where there will be 100's of items doesn't make sense.

hoopsdavis
Just now, MBSki said:

Why would you want a horizontal scroll for an entire library? I get added an "enhanced view", but horizontal in a library where there will be 100's of items doesn't make sense.

That's just a preference I'd prefer.   I'm assuming you don't like the horizontal look?

MBSki
2 minutes ago, hoopsdavis said:

That's just a preference I'd prefer.

With 100's of items?

3 minutes ago, hoopsdavis said:

I'm assuming you don't like the horizontal look?

For a small list it's fine, but not for 100's.

• Like 1

hoopsdavis
1 minute ago, MBSki said:

With 100's of items?

For a small list it's fine, but not for 100's.

I get that you don't like it. But if its added, I don't think it'll interfere with what you're doing.    

arrbee99

You're both right. Personally I prefer the old Android way where it filled the screen with posters but still scrolled horizontally...

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Assuming it was a virtual scroller and not limited like most scrollers are but personally don't like horizontal scrollers 1000s if items or even 100s.

• Agree 1

arrbee99

And on a not very related note, I really wish when you click on Latest Movies on the Home page (above the horizontal row of latest movies) it went to a page with more latest movies, and not just going to the Suggestions tab.

EDIT - OK, feature request time

Edited by arrbee99
  • Agree 1

Happy2Play
2 minutes ago, arrbee99 said:

And on a not very related note, I really wish when you click on Latest Movies on the Home page (above the horizontal row of latest movies) it went to a page with more latest movies, and not just going to the Suggestions tab.

That comes back to what is Latest?  An item you just added no matter the release date or something actually new per release date?

But you can always have your library already sorted that way.

arrbee99

.....welllll, I though it just comes down too the list on the Home page for latest stuff is limited to 20 (if you're lucky), so it'd be nice to go to a page with a lot more showing.