Happy2Play
10 minutes ago, Luke said:

Is that 4.8 or 4.9?

That was 4.9 but see the same in 4.8.

• Thanks 1

• Solution
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

That was 4.9 but see the same in 4.8.

OK I've got the saving resolved for the upcoming 4.8.4 release. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

haoylee
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

OK I've got the saving resolved for the upcoming 4.8.4 release. Thanks.

That's really good to hear, thanks a lot!

And sorry for the troubles by raising this question in a possibly wrong section.😂

Edited by haoylee
  • Thanks 1

adminExitium

While on the topic of Person NFO metadata, is there any way to allow only reading it from an Emby instance while another instance is allowed to write it?

Something similar to the split read/write NFO settings in the Library.

1 minute ago, adminExitium said:

While on the topic of Person NFO metadata, is there any way to allow only reading it from an Emby instance while another instance is allowed to write it?

Something similar to the split read/write NFO settings in the Library.

There is no way to do that, but you don't have to worry about any realtime monitor going crazy reacting to the changes. There is no realtime monitoring of these files if you were to edit them from outside of emby.

adminExitium

To expand on this request, I have a metadata instance with the TMDB plugin installed whereas the streaming instance doesn't have it installed (since it's supposed to only read the NFO files updated by the metadata instance), but they both share the same people folder.

I am just worried about the streaming instance overwriting the NFO files with partial info since it doesn't have the TMDB plugin.

I have a metadata instance with the TMDB plugin installed

I wouldn't suggest doing that because you only get the skeleton people list when you import a new movie into the database.

But the details for a particular person (e.g. description), are not fetched until needed, like when the user clicks on that person. So your server without the MovieDb plugin won't be able to do that.

adminExitium

Understood, thanks. I have a script gradually refreshing all the person info (couple of entries per hour or so), but I guess there's still a race condition where the new media is scanned in but the person info hasn't been updated which will result in partial info being written via the streaming server, which I wanted to avoid.

Guess I will just install the TMDB plugin on the streaming server too. But does it need to be enabled in any library, or can I leave it disabled in the libraries?

15 hours ago, adminExitium said:

Understood, thanks. I have a script gradually refreshing all the person info (couple of entries per hour or so), but I guess there's still a race condition where the new media is scanned in but the person info hasn't been updated which will result in partial info being written via the streaming server, which I wanted to avoid.

Guess I will just install the TMDB plugin on the streaming server too. But does it need to be enabled in any library, or can I leave it disabled in the libraries?

It should be ok not enabled on libraries.

• Thanks 1

Happy2Play

Appear resolved in 4.9.0.13 beta.

• Thanks 1