Rotate the movies is possible?

teicang

What Emby app are you playing with?

teicang
9 hours ago, Luke said:

What Emby app are you playing with?

Hi Luke asap I will come back to home I will indicate the version of APP, in the meantime I tested also on my Android mobile  ver 3.3.77 and now also there the movies is playd wrong 😞 before instead it was fine.

Also if you rotate the mobile phone the immage is always put in a wrong position 😞

On 4/22/2024 at 11:32 AM, sa2000 said:

@teicang I have reproduced the issue by forcing transcoding by reducing quality on a sample portrait video.

I will follow this up

The problem only appears to arise if the video is transcoded 

Hi @sa2000any news from your test s 🙂 i have hundreds of my nephes movies  and I don't be able to see it on tv 🙂 if you need any other info ask me 👍 many thx for your help

Hi, with Emby Server 4.8.5, what you'll need to do is refresh the metadata on existing titles. This will add rotation information to your server database.

teicang
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, with Emby Server 4.8.5, what you'll need to do is refresh the metadata on existing titles. This will add rotation information to your server database.

HI @Luke , I have done it, as you can see from media info appear now the rotation field, unfortunately different from the picsture posted by sa200 I have -90 and not 90 😞

immagine.png.2d45f0dbe89342bbd0d5c1bf4171d8b7.png

sa2000
20 hours ago, Luke said:

With Emby Server 4.8.5, what you'll need to do is refresh the metadata on existing titles. This will add rotation information to your server database

@LukeHaving the rotate info does not help with this issue of portrait videos being rotated

I have reproduced the problem again and I have media file and logs available. I have this time also tested on the Emby Samsung App as well and Emby Web and also Android App and repeated the ios app test and also added Emby Theater

Outcome of my tests:

Emby Server 4.8.5.0 on Windows 11

Emby Web - the issue only arises when forcing transcoding by reducing quality, Direct Play is ok

Emby for Samsung 1.7.0 - the issue arises with auto quality and direct play and auto aspect ratio. It also happens with reducing quality to force transcode

Emby for iOS 2.2.17 -  same outcome as Emby Web. OK on Direct Play. Wrong when Aspect Ratio Auto and quality reduced forcing a transcode

Emby for Android 3.3.86  - same outcome  as Emby Web and Emby for iOS - OK on Direct Play. Wrong when Aspect Ratio Auto and quality reduced to force transcode

Emby Theater 3.0.20 - same as web, ios and android. DP ok, Transcoded playback wrong

Edited by sa2000