Movies Versions - Display on gallery

athinaok

athinaok

Hello

I've developed mobile versions for each movie and stored them in separate paths using a folder sync plugin. However, I'm encountering an issue where I'm seeing two icons for the same movie. The first icon corresponds to the mobile version, while the second one correctly displays both versions (Normal and Mobile) within the same movie.

Is this issue a result of beta testing, or is it a configuration problem?

image.thumb.png.a49656c19086b403cfd4f856e9e07ff2.png

athinaok

Now I see one movie per movie version.

image.png.96f3b9afc52bc8c8642f72c4df86e09d.png

Is it possible to have one movie and select the version i need to play ?

image.thumb.png.d3d8b9100de0845c4c0158eb3b31e2ca.png

athinaok
Posted (edited)

I need emby to automatic group by each movie based on version.

Edited by athinaok

visproduction

This is more a file management issue where you have several options.

1) The User can select Filter in each library and select only the resolution they prefer for the bandwidth and playback hardware.  Once the filter is set, the choice will remain on the next login.  The user could decide 480P is fine for watching on mobile or iPhone and they don't want to use up their data.

2) As admin you can move all the 480P to a separate folder and create a 480P library.  The admin could limit the user's access to only the 480P library or whatever other choice.  This would assure the user gets the right resolution for their needs.  This is also a nice way to separate R rated content from G, for example.  Admin can turn an R rated library off for some users.  It works but is not yet perfect.  Search can get around this.

3) You can change each poster to match the resolution by adding an 'HD', HD 1080P, 4K banner in the poster image, usually on top.  There are often 4K banner posters already made up available when you search for a new poster using the image editor for each movie.

So, none of these are automatic.  This is what being an admin means.  Admin and file manage any way you perfer.  Making 480P copy folder with only the 480P media in it's own folder is literally one command or one drag and drop and file copy / delete action.  Using File manager or command line, it's possible to do this for 1000 media folders in under 2 minutes.  This is an admin skill that is useful.  If it takes you longer, then maybe learn to do it the fast way.  After it's all done, you are technically using perhaps only 3% more storage space from double up on images.

#2 is the cleanest solution and easist on the user.

Hope that helps.