Watched status displayed incorrectly after episode played.

frankmb

frankmb

Watched status is displayed incorrectly immediately after an episode is played. If I restart the app and look at watched status again, they are correct.

See example. I previously watched S02E01. Before watching S02E02, I took the first 2 pictures.

Immediately after watching S02E02 I took the last 2 pictures where it incorrectly shows S02E01 as unwatched.

20240330_205402.jpg

20240330_205414.jpg

20240330_215247.jpg

20240330_215334.jpg

Edited by frankmb

Gilgamesh_48

This bug has existed for literally years. (at least three) I reported the movie equivalent where you watch one movie and the watched status of every visible movie that was previously marked played switches to unplayed but when you restart the app or even switch sections (go to TV and back to movies) the watched status returns to normal. 

When I reported this bug and gave exact instructions as to how to reproduce it I got responses that indicated that Emby did not believe me. That is they thought I was lying and just trying to make their lives more complicated. I was not but it is often easier for Emby to attack to avoid actually having to find and fix a bug.

I would not expect any resolution of this but Emby will send you through all the usual hoops to arrive nowhere.

That is strange.  I cannot recall this exact scenario being reported before.  Can you reproduce when it isn't episode 1 and 2 of the season?

10 minutes ago, ebr said:

Can you reproduce when it isn't episode 1 and 2 of the season?

Never mind.  I can reproduce. It is always the one previous episode to the one that is showing that clears the watched status.  Very strange, we'll have to hunt this down.

Thanks.

frankmb

Exactly. I don't know when this started exactly but I believe my exact scenario started within the last six months.

On 3/31/2024 at 1:15 AM, Gilgamesh_48 said:

I would not expect any resolution of this but Emby will send you through all the usual hoops to arrive nowhere.

Have some faith. We can work miracles. Just wait and see.

On 3/31/2024 at 1:15 AM, Gilgamesh_48 said:

This bug has existed for literally years. (at least three)

Yes. You are correct and it has actually been there 3 years and 3 months to be exact. Thank you for your keeping the pressure on us to fix things. Please keep this up. Being serious. It motivates a solution.

Edited by speechles

Gilgamesh_48
3 hours ago, speechles said:

Have some faith. We can work miracles. Just wait and see.

Yes. You are correct and it has actually been there 3 years and 3 months to be exact. Thank you for your keeping the pressure on us to fix things. Please keep this up. Being serious. It motivates a solution.

The one really unexpected piece of this is that I only remembered it has been some time, longer than a few months, but not even the exact number. It could have been a year or 10 and I think i would remember it the same. I picked 3 years simply because it feels longer than one and my involvement with Emby is under 10 years and it felt closer to the newer than the older time frame. 

In other words I knew it had been a fairly long time and I guessed at 3 years. One of the best guesses i have made in quite a while. 

I know my posts do not "sound" patient but I am basically patient as long as I think some progress is being made, so I wait.
and wait, and wait, and wait and... until I finally get off your backs by reaching my personal EOL from old age. My doctor tells me that could be fairly soon but she will not say if that is "soon" in terms understandable by a goldfish or "soon" as it is understood by a mountain. We will just have to wait and see. :D;)