Camera Uploads created undeletable 6 new libraries

dputra

dputra

I was trying the camera upload feature in my android phone. When I enabled it for the first time on phone A, it created 6 libraries that points to /var/lib/emby/data/camerauploads.

Huh, weird. So I deleted the remaining 5 libraries. It successfully deleted all of them.

Then later that day, I also enabled the camera upload feature on my phone B. It created the same exact six camera upload library again, all pointing to the same path as before.

When I am trying to delete all those 6 libraries, it just doesn't respond. So I tried deleting data/camerauploads folder, but it still won't delete.

When I checked the log, it logs the delete command but then nothing after that. No error, no info. Nothing related to library deletion.

I also checked the root/default folder, there's no camera upload folders there.

This weird behavior is also causing full cpu load on my setup on every library scan that forced me to restart emby server to restore it's functionality.

embyserver.txt

Screenshot_20240330_194502_Emby.jpg

Edited by dputra

dputra
Posted (edited)

Seems like I can't remove the library path too. The logs didn't show any error, but the UI still list the path as if it's not removed from the library.

I manged to rename the library tho (prev: Camera Uploads, curr: Camera)

Screenshot_20240330_203334_Emby.jpg

Edited by dputra

Hi, can you try removing the folder using the web app?

• 2 weeks later...
dputra
Posted (edited)
On 4/2/2024 at 1:24 PM, Luke said:

Hi, can you try removing the folder using the web app?

Nope, the library is still there if I use the web interface.

So I restored my emby from previous backup before this happened and reenabled the camera upload on my phone. It uploaded 44 new photos.

But it also created about 95 new camera upload libraries, while on htop there's about 51 emby processes running.

I'm suspecting that because my server is overloaded the emby server can't process the delete command. But why they created 95 new libraries in the first place? And why they are spawning so many processes?

Screenshot_20240411_070422_Termius.jpg

Edited by dputra

OK I think I see something here to help prevent it from happening.

@dputra workaround for now is simply to delete the extra libraries.

Thanks.

dputra

Ok I'll probably wait for the fix later as my emby instance is eating all my server resource if I reenabled the camera upload feature and I can't delete any of the created camera upload libraries.

Happy2Play

New beta release appears to fix the issue but don't know of an easy way to fix the issue of already created libraries that won't delete as they are broken in the database.

So a db god may have to assist here as I just went line by line on my test system per table and require a changing some data to actually delete all the issue lines.

@LukeI have a broken db from a test system that will not delete via the UI if needed.