Reboot scheduled task

scott46953

scott46953

This was brought up sometime ago I cannot find it because there's so many posts with the name scheduled task and reboot,..

Excuse me if I have missed it, but I still need a way to schedule reboot, I would love to see it reboot everyday at noon or every night at midnight or example 4:00 a.m. 

I need this so that it will kill any ghost connections, bugs that have occurred throughout the day, and also to end any IPTV connections that are stuck alive / open..

I do not have a way to see what streams are currently open, if there was a way I would be able to tell if any of them are stuck.  

So much easier rather than having to always try to remember or try to do it at noon or midnight without falling asleep or forgetting, I like to do it at the top of the hour so that it does not stop my active recording. So generally I do it at the top of the hour example 1158 or 11:59 so that it's done and ready by 12:00 so that anybody currently watching a program gets to finish their program but then can also not miss the beginning of their next program. 

Happy2Play

You can try the Restart Plugin.  And change the scheduled task.

We should look at why you feel you need to do that in the first place.

Savagegek

I'd suggest to look into the root cause why reboots are required, and resolving those issues.

For rebooting the easiest option is to create a cronjob, which you can time at the desired time.

scott46953

Or how about adding the feature it's been requested for many years.

I'll send you the log file you can figure it out.

I've been rebooting my server for 3 years anywhere from once a week to once a day depending on which update has different problems.  That restart schedule task is a requirement for me and others obviously. Since the last couple updates, I get user stuck on my screen says they're watching the program or a movie, 10 seconds later the person on my screen it may flip and say they're watching two three or four different programs every 10 seconds.  I have to reboot to get rid of that problem as well. Believe it happens when somebody's watching something and they hit the home button, or turn off the TV during the program without stopping it.  I can schedule a Windows test to close out emby but I don't want to do it that way it can corrupt my emby. It needs to be shut down using the emby setting restart.  

Matter fact never mind, I'll upload my log file and I'll start a cron Job, to move my mouse for me.

Never mind on the restart feature.

Happy2Play

Well restart use to be a core server plugin.  Then third party dev was able to revive it. 

Or you can send the api call yourself at anytime. 

curl -X POST "http://localhost:8096/emby/System/Restart?api_key={YOURAPIKEY}" -d ""

But there are a lot of other discussion topics on this.

scott46953
Posted (edited)

Please remove my log file after downloading or after 10 days if unsure.

Don't want it lingering around for years.

thanksembyserver-63847263649.zip

Edited by scott46953

Happy2Play

@Lukewill have to comment more but looking at that log, dev will suggest removing plugins.  Especially Scripter-X spamming the entire 24 hour log.

But several request errors on the live.m3u8 streams

2024-03-28 21:42:22.900 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: C:\emby2021\system\EmbyServer.dll -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Microsoft Windows 10.0.22631
	Framework: .NET 6.0.27
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: C:/emby2021/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 16
	Data path: C:\emby2021\programdata
	Application path: C:\emby2021\system
	MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException: Exception of type 'MediaBrowser.Common.Extensions.ResourceNotFoundException' was thrown.
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.GetState(StreamRequest request, AuthorizationInfo authorizationInfo, String manifestAbsoluteUri, Boolean requiresOutputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.Get(GetLiveHlsStream request)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost httpHost, IServerApplicationHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, IStreamHelper streamHelper, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

16 hours ago, scott46953 said:

Please remove my log file after downloading or after 10 days if unsure.

Don't want it lingering around for years.

thanksembyserver-63847263649.zip

Hi, what problem are we looking at that happened during this time?

scott46953
Posted (edited)

buffer buffer buffer live streams buffer buffer....

of course i can not tell if there are stuck streams on channels because I have no indicator on my dash panel for current streams in uses....

so why after reboot does the buffer buffer go away?  I wanted a way to setup a time to reboot emby. you want to fix it..

i'm still rebooting manually.  What about the stuck ghost user that changes what its watching every 10 seconds?

is this because of how the person exit the show or movie using home button or power button?

My log file is turned off, but it still saved all this log info?

NOW today after sending you my log file. I have numbers instead of names in my recent recordings....  << fixed>>

When I changed my transcoding location, it seems to have saved a location from my Live TV Recordings directory setting and I selected the Wrong Location.

This is too easy to do, is there a way to stop the locations from one save location setting to the others?  Like to have its own memory of previous locations for each setting of save locations?

please remove my log file form this post.  thanks

Edited by scott46953