Long pauses to start some videos, intermittent stuttering

cwills75

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Please also attach the corresponding emby server log. Thanks.

cwills75
14 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi there, can you please describe your issue in more detail? Please also attach the corresponding emby server log. Thanks.

Per the other thread I linked:

Me - "I've been having issues with the server after the last few updates.  I'll get clients with stuck streams, and often the streams will bounce between what is showing and something else entirely different.  Pressing pause/stop doesn't do anything, the only way to remove these from the dashboard is to restart the Emby server.  Is this a known issue, is there a fix?"

speechless - "Apologies. This is a known issue with the Roku presently. We have a solution and it is currently in the testing phase. We should have something very soon to fix this in the Roku app."

Me - "Does this issue also affect AppleTV or is that something different.  I was told this yesterday when discussing it with another user:  "So apparently Eliza has been having some intermittent trouble with playback. She showed me on tonight. Any episode of Schitts Creek. Takes like 10 seconds to start playing. Then plays and audio is fine but video studders. She said it’s been this way for a few episodes lately.""

speechless - "The issue AppleTV is having appears different since it appears stuck at the beginning. It has a full transcode bar in red, but absolutely no playback bar in green at all. We would need the ffmpeg log generated from this playback to know what is going on. This is different than the issue the Roku is having."

speechless - ".. you probably do not need to post it in this thread. It would be of interest to others in the team more than myself, since this isn't an issue for the Roku, but for the AppleTV. You can create a new issue thread in the AppleTV section and then paste the ffmpeg log within that section of the forum. That way it gets to the right people much faster and they can get their eyes on it. Thanks."

Issues are I'm having stuck streams and intermittent stuttering with both Roku and Apple TV clients.  I was told Roku fix is incoming on the client side.  Apple TV I was told to come here. I do see errors in the server log, but I don't know what they are from.  This all just started happening within the last few updates and I was told not to roll back.

z_latest.png.abca4b924f685e606b16f80cc5076c62.png

embyserver.txt

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, we're looking into it. Thanks for reporting.