QN94A - What Is The Newest Version Of Emby App? Using - 1.7.0

Rob_1969

Rob_1969

@FrostByteMany thanks for your help. I have changed the setting and in now playing Flac without it breaking up and going silent. It is doing the same as the mp3 files now, both mp3 and flac are direct playing, im still getting a minor blip during playback. Do you have this problem? ;) 

Rob_1969
12 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Just to be clear.  It should transcode FLAC only in video, pure audio FLAC should not be transcoded.

Ok no problem. I had not been listening to music files using my Samsung tv app, it was only recently i set up my receiver again that i began to use it so its maybe been like this for a long time and nobody has noticed. ;) 

FrostByte
12 minutes ago, Rob_1969 said:

@FrostByteMany thanks for your help. I have changed the setting and in now playing Flac without it breaking up and going silent. It is doing the same as the mp3 files now, both mp3 and flac are direct playing, im still getting a minor blip during playback. Do you have this problem? ;) 

Nothing that I've noticed.

• Like 1

Rob_1969
9 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

Nothing that I've noticed.

Ok many thanks for letting me know. I have just tried the spotify app and it does it too, so does my youtube app. It might be related to my tv or my receiver, both items have been reset too, i will need to experiment further. ;) 

10 hours ago, Rob_1969 said:

Ok many thanks for letting me know. I have just tried the spotify app and it does it too, so does my youtube app. It might be related to my tv or my receiver, both items have been reset too, i will need to experiment further. ;) 

Please let us know if you find anything. Thanks.

• Like 1

Rob_1969
On 02/04/2024 at 05:57, Luke said:

Please let us know if you find anything. Thanks.

no problem i will ;) 

It seems only to be a few apps that do it, Emby Spotify and Youtube. Also i dont get instant sound coming through when i switch on the tv and start watching a tv station, the receiver comes on automatically and then it goes to the tv mode, no sound comes through the speakers, eventually you start to hear a dull hiss and then the sound starts to come through, im not sure if its a tv or receiver problem. The tv is still under 5 year warranty but the receiver is older from 2014.

I just discovered the server was transcoding audio material when i played dts formats, so that had stopped due to disabling audio transcoding, i have enabled it again and it is transcoding dts material again, my tv only supports dolby formats you see. ;) 

• Thanks 1

FrostByte
On 4/5/2024 at 6:46 PM, Rob_1969 said:

I just discovered the server was transcoding audio material when i played dts formats, so that had stopped due to disabling audio transcoding, i have enabled it again and it is transcoding dts material again, my tv only supports dolby formats you see. ;) 

Samsung stopped adding a DTS decoder in 2018 which is why I have an alternate audio track in all my DTS movies.  I prefer not to transcode whenever possible.  Otherwise, you may need to toggle that transcode setting on the server until SamES can get back and take a look at what's happening to FLAC music.

• Like 1

Rob_1969

Thanks for your reply. ;)

Yeah its a pain in the bum not being able to pass through dts too. Sometimes there is a stereo track i can choose, is that what you mean or do you aquire a different surround sound format? 

After a lot of fiddling im certain its down to the hdmi terminal being very loose and also using the ARC feature. I did try to gently prise the housing in a bit, it has helped with the fitting but i still get the little blips, i wiggled it in firmly and it seems to have helped, so it looks like i need to try and fix it better. :) 

I had no issues when i used the tv speakers and i tried an optical cable too so it just seems to be using the ARC.

• Like 1

FrostByte

All movies should come with an alternate audio track as it's a Blu-ray requirement.  Usually this is AC3, but I use a script which creates a DD+ 7.1 or 5.1 track depending on the source.

When Emby transcodes it will create an AC3 384 kbps audio track.  You can do much better preselecting another audio track before clicking play without transcoding.

• Like 1

SamES
On 02/04/2024 at 05:17, FrostByte said:

Just to be clear.  It should transcode FLAC only in video, pure audio FLAC should not be transcoded.

This should be resolved in the next release

• Like 2

Rob_1969
On 09/04/2024 at 19:25, FrostByte said:

All movies should come with an alternate audio track as it's a Blu-ray requirement.  Usually this is AC3, but I use a script which creates a DD+ 7.1 or 5.1 track depending on the source.

When Emby transcodes it will create an AC3 384 kbps audio track.  You can do much better preselecting another audio track before clicking play without transcoding.

Many thanks for your reply. Thanks for the info etc,  it is good to know what to do in the future if i need to select another audio track ;)

It seems my receiver is a little bit problematic and thats why im getting sound issues occasionally. I thought it might be the tv but i also got issues using my pc and another hdmi input. The problem goes away eventually so ill put up with it for now, hopefully it wont get any worse. ;)  

On 11/04/2024 at 13:43, SamES said:

This should be resolved in the next release

Sam your a star and many thanks for  putting your time and effort into this. looking forward to the next release ;) 

• Like 1

Rob_1969

guys i have installed 1.7.8 and it is til the same as before with the flac audio transcoding when it does not need to. ;) 

• Like 1

FrostByte
30 minutes ago, Rob_1969 said:

guys i have installed 1.7.8 and it is til the same as before with the flac audio transcoding when it does not need to. ;) 

Version 1.7.8 came out on 4/9.   SamES said it would be fixed in the next version on 4/11.  My guess the fix will be in 1.7.9.

• Like 2

SamES
6 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Version 1.7.8 came out on 4/9.   SamES said it would be fixed in the next version on 4/11.  My guess the fix will be in 1.7.9.

That would be correct, thanks

Many thanks for posting Frostbyte, i have installed v1.7.9 and its playing FLAC smoothly too. Many thanks @SamESgood work indeed ;)

I still get blips when i play audio across the ARC, it happens with the mp3 and flac now but im sure its down to my tv or my receiver. I played a lot of video concerts recently and the sound was flawless, surround going into stereo. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2