QN94A - What Is The Newest Version Of Emby App? Using - 1.7.0

Rob_1969

Rob_1969

Im getting blips during audio playback and some video's. I thought i would see if the app needs updating first. From what i remember i think i updated Emby a while ago using usb and a file. Thanks

FrostByte
6 minutes ago, Rob_1969 said:

Im getting blips during audio playback and some video's. I thought i would see if the app needs updating first. From what i remember i think i updated Emby a while ago using usb and a file. Thanks

The latest usb release is 1.7.7

• Like 1

Rob_1969
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Thanks for your reply. I seen those release notes but i dismissed them as it says for the J series and mine is the QN. Where can i download the file from for my QN94A?

I changed the hdmi cable and it has fixed the problem. Im using the ARC feature for audio, the port on the back of my receiver is a bit loose. ;)

Edited by Rob_1969
  • Like 1

FrostByte
49 minutes ago, Rob_1969 said:

Thanks for your reply. I seen those release notes but i dismissed them as it says for the J series and mine is the QN. Where can i download the file from for my QN94A?

I changed the hdmi cable and it has fixed the problem. Im using the ARC feature for audio, the port on the back of my receiver is a bit loose. ;)

The usb releases are the same for all Tizen TVs from 2015 (J series) to present so it should work with your QN94A.  Any functional differences between models/years is all done in the same app when it detects your version of Tizen.

Link to GitHub will be in the instructions below.

Glad to see your problem is fixed.

• Like 2

SamES

I think the difference a from 1.7.0 to 1.7.7 are negligible, so if you are on the App Store version and prefer to stay there then no need to change 

• Like 1

Rob_1969
On 23/03/2024 at 18:53, FrostByte said:

The usb releases are the same for all Tizen TVs from 2015 (J series) to present so it should work with your QN94A.  Any functional differences between models/years is all done in the same app when it detects your version of Tizen.

Link to GitHub will be in the instructions below.

Glad to see your problem is fixed.

Thanks for your help. The general help for installing the Emby app from a usb stick does not work for my specific tv. My tv supports most file formats including ntsc. When i plug in my memory stick it recognises it but it does not start the installation. I searched for a way around this but there are so many different menus' and tvs out there i haven't found one exactly like mine. 

My fault has not gone away after all. I will experiment a bit more before i come back and ask for more help. ;) 

Rob_1969
On 23/03/2024 at 21:26, SamES said:

I think the difference a from 1.7.0 to 1.7.7 are negligible, so if you are on the App Store version and prefer to stay there then no need to change 

Ok thanks for letting me know mate. I still need to fix my sound issue but ill experiment a bit more and come back if i need more help. ;) 

FrostByte
11 minutes ago, Rob_1969 said:

When i plug in my memory stick it recognises it but it does not start the installation. 

Normally when this happens it's because the previous version wasn't uninstalled first.  Samsung only allows one usb app to be installed at a time.  Make sure you actually go to APPS -> Settings (cog in upper right) and delete the previous version of Emby.  Just removing the app from Home only deletes the shortcut.

Another possibility is that the zip must be unzipped in the root of your usb.

In extreme cases I've seen some people had to reset the hub.

• Like 1

SamES
2 hours ago, Rob_1969 said:

Ok thanks for letting me know mate. I still need to fix my sound issue but ill experiment a bit more and come back if i need more help. ;) 

If you need more help, I would suggest we go through a specific example and check media info, logs, etc.  Do any files play fine, or does every file have an issue?  Does audio from other apps (ie: regular TV, Netflix, etc) work fine via ARC, or do they also have issues?

For Emby, I would test playing something simple, no subs and just basic audio track like AC3 and see how it goes.

• Like 1

Rob_1969
21 hours ago, FrostByte said:

Normally when this happens it's because the previous version wasn't uninstalled first.  Samsung only allows one usb app to be installed at a time.  Make sure you actually go to APPS -> Settings (cog in upper right) and delete the previous version of Emby.  Just removing the app from Home only deletes the shortcut.

Another possibility is that the zip must be unzipped in the root of your usb.

In extreme cases I've seen some people had to reset the hub.

Hi mate thanks for your helpful reply. Your spot on, once i removed the old app i was able to install the new app no problem. I had moments when i thought i had fixed the issue but it was a false alarm. Thee problem is worse with the newer EMby app, when i play music the audio cuts in and out and sometimes its just constant silence. I now need to give you guys in-depth information including logs about my problem. I have reset my tv and my receiver so i know its not that. ;) 

18 hours ago, SamES said:

If you need more help, I would suggest we go through a specific example and check media info, logs, etc.  Do any files play fine, or does every file have an issue?  Does audio from other apps (ie: regular TV, Netflix, etc) work fine via ARC, or do they also have issues?

For Emby, I would test playing something simple, no subs and just basic audio track like AC3 and see how it goes.

Hi mate many thanks for your reply. I have eliminated everything i could so now i will get specific and detailed information to see if we can get to the bottom of this issue. See my reply to Frostbyte and you will see what i have done so far. It seems to be music files that are cutting out now and i think videos are fine but ill test some more just to be sure. Youtube plays fine as does tv sound. All using the ARC. 

SamES
6 hours ago, Rob_1969 said:

Hi mate thanks for your helpful reply. Your spot on, once i removed the old app i was able to install the new app no problem. I had moments when i thought i had fixed the issue but it was a false alarm. Thee problem is worse with the newer EMby app, when i play music the audio cuts in and out and sometimes its just constant silence. I now need to give you guys in-depth information including logs about my problem. I have reset my tv and my receiver so i know its not that. ;) 

Hi mate many thanks for your reply. I have eliminated everything i could so now i will get specific and detailed information to see if we can get to the bottom of this issue. See my reply to Frostbyte and you will see what i have done so far. It seems to be music files that are cutting out now and i think videos are fine but ill test some more just to be sure. Youtube plays fine as does tv sound. All using the ARC. 

Thanks for the update.  If you disable ARC and just use the TV speakers, do you have the same problem?

• Like 1

Rob_1969
21 hours ago, SamES said:

Thanks for the update.  If you disable ARC and just use the TV speakers, do you have the same problem?

thats a great suggestion but it still misbehaves using the tv speakers too. Ill get the log file and more details. Be back soon  ;) 

Rob_1969

Hey guys.

I initially thought the newer version of the app was worse, it was my mistake, what happens is that mp3 and flac behave differently. So that statement is not true.

log files attached. media info on the flac file and the mp3 files are attached too. 

PLEASE NOTE THE LOG FILES ARE ONLY THERE FOR THE FLAC FILE TEST. iF YOU WANT ONE FOR THE MP3 I CAN DO THAT TOO.

Model - QE75QN94A
version - 2210
emby - 1.7.7
emby server - Version 4.8.3.0

FLAC very long silences on and off and mostly silence.

Alice In Chains - flac (log file applies to this test). 

date - 29-03-24   
time - 20.13

MP3 tiny blip occasionally, more obvious on the second have of this clip. It  mostly plays ok, just a lot of blips. Let me know if you need a log for the mp3 file.
Radiohead mp3

AIC flac file.jpg

Radiohead mp3 file .jpg

embyserver.txt ffmpeg-transcode-7d1bd22b-d719-4e09-bfd6-0dee2001a53a_1.txt

Rob_1969

to add more info, my emby theatre pc program is fine and so is my phone app. 

FrostByte

Actually, I'm getting the same thing.  All FLAC is now being transcoded and causes the audio to stop playing/buffering during playback.  You can get around it by turning off "Allow audio transcoding, if necessary, during media playback".

@SamES@Luke  there seems to be a problem with the Samsung app which is transcoding FLAC audio and it shouldn't.  If I turn off transcoding it of course direct plays just fine.

This seems to be new as I've played FLAC using the Samsung app before without issue.  I normally use the Android app for music so not sure when this would have started.

• Like 2

FrostByte
TranscodeReasons=ContainerNotSupported

• Like 1

FrostByte

Per Rob_1969's user's manual, but this hasn't changed at all for years and is the same for my 2018.

image.jpeg.67b83f2ccf5f6106a539ac1a27d6cdde.jpeg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte
47 minutes ago, Rob_1969 said:

to add more info, my emby theatre pc program is fine and so is my phone app. 

Works fine with the Android app on my Shield also.  Think this is just a problem with Samsung app and can be gotten around by not transcoding for now.

I'm on beta server and seeing the same, so think it's the app.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

FrostByte

@SamES is it possible that this got changed when Emby forced FLAC inside a movie container to be transcoded?  FLAC inside mkv/mp4, etc isn't supported by Tizen and causes a lot of sets to have problems, but FLAC as a standalone audio file is supported and shouldn't be transcoded.

• Like 2

SamES
2 hours ago, FrostByte said:

@SamES is it possible that this got changed when Emby forced FLAC inside a movie container to be transcoded?  FLAC inside mkv/mp4, etc isn't supported by Tizen and causes a lot of sets to have problems, but FLAC as a standalone audio file is supported and shouldn't be transcoded.

Yes, it is possible that has happened. I’m out of town for a week so I’ll have a look when I get back. Thanks. 

• Like 2

Rob_1969

@FrostByteMany thanks for your reply and help looking into this for me its interesting you  are finding the same issue. I have gone through my server settings 3 times and i cannot find out how to disable - Allow audio transcoding, if necessary, during media playback. I also cannot find it in the Samsung app either. ;)

FrostByte

On the server click users and you should be able to set the transcode options for a user under Playback.

Might have to do that until SamES gets back and can look at it.  The app shouldn't really be requesting FLAC to be transcoded.

Will of course affect all music types on all clients for that user.

image.thumb.jpeg.548585d7681929bb09df7c7ff1e3c8c0.jpeg

• Like 1

FrostByte

Just to be clear.  It should transcode FLAC only in video, pure audio FLAC should not be transcoded.

• Like 1