Problem with Alexa Certificate

djerniehoule

ginjaninja

5c - Add Dynu credentials to CTW (i made a mistake before its not the dynu api key but id and secret which are needed, they are in the same place in the dynu control panel)

Dynu credentials will be used in the authorisation stage of the  certificate request

image.thumb.png.115c83de91fcc29c55a778e5b2f8cfd5.png

5d - add a password credential, the same as what is / will be configured in emby for the certificate pfx file..your choice.

image.png.56f499f6cbe567e83a00a58bffcd46da.png

5e - Create the certificate configuration

image.thumb.png.e68773bd1f0680eb1d0a1e4ea5d64297.png

Name the cert request/config for CTW (your choice),addyour registered domain name from dynu.....

Under Advanced set the algorithm and select the previously created pfx password

image.thumb.png.d4c771ded63d1141fda062035585eeb7.png

image.thumb.png.4a40001cc6b3ee2b7a897f2be48f0b85.png

On Authorisation - specify authorisation using the above config and the stored dnyu credentials.

image.thumb.png.1bdb752b0ee694db9399d159d35b8c8d.png

under deployment choose no deployment

image.thumb.png.40f598e158b65b2325639111cf636e4f.png

image.png.c7f8221097573964fa0009503dcda8cf.png

image.png.3b3bfc13b0648365bc245d7920cce325.png

Under tasks - add a certificate export task and point it to the location where emby is expecting to find it

image.thumb.png.640fa2c04c72584025db69c1765c2a08.png

Edited by ginjaninja

ginjaninja

take stock....If everything has gone well when you click [request certificate] , a pfx file should be created in the path.... 

if somethings gone wrong well have to troubleshoot.

ginjaninja
18 minutes ago, djerniehoule said:

What is CTW client?

Certify the Web, its a free utility for interfacing with the free ssl providers to automate certificate request and renewal..

https://certifytheweb.com/

djerniehoule

I have installed CTW, I don't see where to do this...

5b - tell CTW about Zerosll

under CTW...settings....set the preferred certificate authority and add  new account..this is what mine looks like.

ginjaninja
12 hours ago, djerniehoule said:

I have installed CTW, I don't see where to do this...

5b - tell CTW about Zerosll

under CTW...settings....set the preferred certificate authority and add  new account..this is what mine looks like.

edit ive updated the instructions previously for clarity.

image.png

Edited by ginjaninja

djerniehoule

I am at the step of add/update credential "password", "emby default" where do I get the password? or do I just make one up?

ginjaninja
5 minutes ago, djerniehoule said:

I am at the step of add/update credential "password", "emby default" where do I get the password? or do I just make one up?

yes make it up..your choice...

for other peoples benefit was adding the zerosll account simple in the end..what did you have to do?

djerniehoule

I am still trying to figure out, it ran some test, and failed... This is way to difficult for someone without knowledge

ginjaninja
2 minutes ago, djerniehoule said:

I am still trying to figure out, it ran some test, and failed... This is way to difficult for someone without knowledge

I will setup ctw on another pc a fresh 1mo...and cofnirm

djerniehoule

ok, then maybe we can clean up the instructions so someone can follow...

ginjaninja

Ok its say what to do.. when you click register contact

image.thumb.png.f8491191f6c688e48d978fbcadc20864.png

image.thumb.png.f9ffab188b63eb7ef7a8900e783f1ab7.png

Go to zero ssl, login to your account, go to developer and click gnerate - this will generate a keyid and key (hmac) which you enter on advanced tab on the new account in CTW.

im not going to click generate myself as it will probably change my config, but hopefully when you click it...the result will be obvious.. you can enter the information and click register in ctw...

image.png.905e3133577ddbb89349cdf15b0b50a4.png

djerniehoule

Right now under "certificate authority settings" I see Zerossl (production)

ginjaninja

Good stuff, hopefully thats worked... so continue with the rest of the CTW  setup..click request certificate and see if it creates the pfx.. (i would wait 2 mins after clicking request and before retrieving the log)

otherwise pm me the log file and copy and paste the preview summary of setup if you can

NB i dont think test works for me so dont be discouraged if test doesnt work....

image.thumb.png.3ad76d7528bb5b517b2ddbc7c1903d19.png

image.thumb.png.24d2d63ebe98f609539878ac102822c7.png

Edited by ginjaninja

djerniehoule

I wish I had the time for this, maybe someone can put in the effort and come up with easy to follow instructions. I really appreciate the attempt to help though...

ginjaninja
16 minutes ago, djerniehoule said:

I wish I had the time for this, maybe someone can put in the effort and come up with easy to follow instructions. I really appreciate the attempt to help though...

LOL i was going to suggest you polished the instructions once you got it all working (you cant be too far off, probably just a typo on the dynu credentials or something simple)....anyways no worries if you want to come back to it then suggest you pm me the log file that will hopefuly clarify what validation failed actually means..

djerniehoule

I really want this to work, but instructions are all over the place. I need someone to layout the proper instructions, step by step, so others and myself can easily follow....

On 3/21/2024 at 9:33 AM, djerniehoule said:

I really want this to work, but instructions are all over the place. I need someone to layout the proper instructions, step by step, so others and myself can easily follow....

Hi, have you been able to get SSL setup on your server?

3 hours ago, djerniehoule said:

No

Hi, what have you tried?

djerniehoule

Everything that has been discussed, we need clear and organized instructions....

On 3/26/2024 at 3:51 AM, djerniehoule said:

Everything that has been discussed, we need clear and organized instructions....

Hi, can you please tell us exactly what you've done?