Rotate images

DanielFrank

DanielFrank

Hello.

I'm very frustrated by the way Emby handles images such as cover art etc.

For instance, when I'm uploading this image to a movie on my Emby server, it is oriented horizontally.

I want to be able to rotate images uploaded to Emby.

image.png.7e43309dfaad00bb1c582bff78172445.png

Riddler84

It seems the uploader is rotating images based on their aspect ratio. Covers should have an aspect ratio of 2:3, for example a width of 1000px and a height of 1500px. Then it will show up vertical. I tested this with Your picture and reduced it into a 2:3 aspect ratio.

The original dimensions are somehow recognized as a 16:9 image, and therefore it is rotated. I believe there is some reasoning behind this, but this has to be explained by someone else ;)

DanielFrank
3 hours ago, Riddler84 said:

It seems the uploader is rotating images based on their aspect ratio. Covers should have an aspect ratio of 2:3, for example a width of 1000px and a height of 1500px. Then it will show up vertical. I tested this with Your picture and reduced it into a 2:3 aspect ratio.

The original dimensions are somehow recognized as a 16:9 image, and therefore it is rotated. I believe there is some reasoning behind this, but this has to be explained by someone else ;)

While I get the logic behind that, I'd still want to decide the orientation myself, when Emby obviously can't get it right.

I have a LOT (no, really - a lot!) of VHS covers, which I need to upload to all the digitised movies that I have stored on my Emby server, and this problem prevents me from doing that.