Roku speed uploading FOLDERS?

chrisrobbins1970

2 hours ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

I sent a LOG this morning 839am EST.  I have a Roku Ultra that I did MOVIES tab # - Z and I let it go for nearly 30mins and it never progressed. It froze so I got out of emby and sent the log.  This is the one thing that is hesitating me to let my family and freinds who ALL use rokus go striaght Emby. If this can be figured out..BOOM all emby users.. please help

The only difference that I know of is the three Rokus ultras I have the ONE I use is newer 2022 model and the others are 2019 models. That is the only difference

How many items in the view?

chrisrobbins1970

5827..in movies TAB and folders TAB

this roku is ethernet connected has well

chrisrobbins1970

..any ideas?  are the devs looking into this issue for the rokus ??

If you need testing for a new build I can install and let you know ?

Gilgamesh_48
3 hours ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

I would say that the fact that @ebr@Lukeand @speechleshave all said they are looking into it and/or it is on their radar says that they are looking into it. Those, at least as far as these forums go, are three of the main developers and generally, if they say they are working on something whatever it is gets fixed or at least changed fairly soon. 

I hope you have better luck getting your alphapicker working correctly than I have had getting it fixed for photos in browsers. It just seems that Emby thinks I am lying when I report that it simply does not work in browsers. :( 

Dear Emby, I am NOT lying and the alpha picker does not work in browsers for posters.

10 hours ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

Hi, yes we are looking into it. Thanks.

chrisrobbins1970

hmm.. i just noticed something.. LUKE as asked this before, but 5860..in movies TAB and folders TAB shows 5861 ??

one extra of something?

• 4 weeks later...
chrisrobbins1970

Any updates on... Reference: Issue #1573: [PosterGridView] Alphapicker jumping takes extraneous amount of time to complete and can also hang and lose focus

This has been a problem with my family and friends who are on Roku's... the work around has been to change the movie SORT to filename so the alphapicker does not show and use the FASTFORWARD on the remote to skip through movie selections. For a movie collection of nearly 6000 movies this takes awhile to get through.. but I understnad that there might not be anything that can be done because its Roku OS may not let you...  

Just wondered if there were any updates?

1 hour ago, chrisrobbins1970 said:

Any updates on... Reference: Issue #1573: [PosterGridView] Alphapicker jumping takes extraneous amount of time to complete and can also hang and lose focus

This has been a problem with my family and friends who are on Roku's... the work around has been to change the movie SORT to filename so the alphapicker does not show and use the FASTFORWARD on the remote to skip through movie selections. For a movie collection of nearly 6000 movies this takes awhile to get through.. but I understnad that there might not be anything that can be done because its Roku OS may not let you...  

Just wondered if there were any updates?

Nothing beyond what has already been implemented in the beta I'm afraid.