Add new music files, Emby scans the whole music library, and fails ...

jiggity
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jiggity

Emby Server 4.8.3.0

HI,

This has been a peeve of mine for a while now. when i add new music to the library, Emby scans the entire music library, resulting in a log full of musicbrainz and discogs errors.

musicbrainz is constantly outputting bad request errors, a lot for items I had to spoof musicbranz album ids on, and discogs is always erroring for toomanyrequests, and there is nothing I can do about that.  it is an API issue.

Is there anything that can be done to hasten these scans and cut back on redundant scanning and/or reporting? Or have better identification of music files to prevent merging and this meta errors issues. Spoofing doesn't seem to be the solution, and the non-stop errors is causing more problems than the solution solved.

I have close to an hour of non stop errors because I added 10 new LPs?
Then there is the peeve where each imported LP doesn't use the embedded or included folder images until after the meta data scans, even when I have the library set to not scan meta providers for album image.

2024-03-07 11:52:22.386 Info HttpClient: GET https://musicbrainz.emby.tv/ws/2/release/10658506?inc=url-rels
2024-03-07 11:52:22.472 Error App: Error in MusicBrainz
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.74-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb  2 11:06:32 PST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 24
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: BadRequest
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzAlbumProvider.GetMusicBrainzResponse(String url, Boolean forceMusicBrainzProper, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MusicBrainz.MusicBrainzAlbumProvider.GetMetadata(AlbumInfo searchInfo, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IRemoteMetadataProvider`2[] providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

2024-03-07 11:52:22.772 Info HttpClient: GET https://api.discogs.com/releases/249086
2024-03-07 11:52:22.822 Error App: Error in Discogs
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.8.3.0
	Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
	Operating system: Linux version 6.1.74-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb  2 11:06:32 PST 2024
	Framework: .NET 6.0.25
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 24
	Data path: /config
	Application path: /system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: TooManyRequests
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Discogs.Plugin.GetResponse(HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Discogs.Plugin.GetDeserializedResponse[T](HttpRequestOptions request, String method)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsAlbumProvider.GetMetadataResponse(AlbumInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Discogs.DiscogsAlbumProvider.GetMetadata(AlbumInfo id, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.ExecuteRemoteProviders(MetadataResult`1 temp, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, String logName, TIdType id, IRemoteMetadataProvider`2[] providers, MetadataRefreshOptions options, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Screenshot 2024-03-07 120943.jpg

• Like 1

Hi there, please attach the complete emby server log. thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Solution

OK I'm not sure yet what the issue is with musicbrainz, but we'll increase the throttle between requests to Discogs and that should resolve the too many requests error.

• Thanks 1

jiggity
On 28/03/2024 at 22:47, Luke said:

OK I'm not sure yet what the issue is with musicbrainz, but we'll increase the throttle between requests to Discogs and that should resolve the too many requests error.

My scans are now very much improved, and I am getting things that didn't identity appearing in the library now 🙂

looping back to

I set my scan library to a hard limit of 1 hour, and that really gives me a much smaller log to go through
I had a moment this weekend to look at the errors Muscbrainz is throwing and the specifics of them. It looks like a lot, for me right now, are related to the issue linked above. where the MBZ plugin will import the discogs release ID info, and that will be incorrect when queried against the Discogs plug in.

It is causing a double whammy, imo.
MBZ imports and writes bad info, then discogs tries to look that info up
I know you said you wanted to look into writing the embedded DISCOGS_RELEASE_ID tag, can you also look into seeing if the MBZ plug can NOT write discogs info? That seems to be the source of many problems.

Can there be a discussion about order of operations for lookups, I mean embedded vs online metadata,  and the info that is read or write for plug ins? I feel like this is something that will need community feedback to overhaul.

• Thanks 1