Path Could Not Be Found Newbie

derekpi

derekpi

Hello,

I've never used Emby or a Raspberry Pi or Linux before and I'm trying to set up an Emby Server for my digital music library.

I have been trying to follow the instructions from pimylifeup (https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-emby-media-server/) and I'm hitting an obstacle in finding the path to my external hdd when I attempt to add a library - the dreaded "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again."

I do not know how to correct this. It seems it may be a permissions issue, but I don't understand how to find out or correct it. Maybe it's a mounting issue, but I don't know how to do that or what that really means.

My Seagate BackupPlus is exFAT formatted and has the digital music media on it and it's connected to my Raspberry Pi 4.

Here's this if it helps:

derek@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -l /media/derek/BackupPlus/Media/Music
total 768
drwxr-xr-x 8 derek derek 262144 Dec 20 21:56 Artist1
drwxr-xr-x 3 derek derek 262144 Dec 20 09:09 Artist2
drwxr-xr-x 3 derek derek 262144 Dec 20 09:08 Artist3

So it appears I have at least read and execute permissions so I don't know how to proceed.

If anyone could help with advice or clear instructions or a resource with clear instructions that can troubleshoot this specific scenario, I'd be very thankful.

Thanks for reading.

derekpi

Hello,

I've never used Emby or a Raspberry Pi or Linux before and I'm trying to set up an Emby Server for my digital music library.

I have been trying to follow the instructions from pimylifeup (https://pimylifeup.com/raspberry-pi-emby-media-server/) and I'm hitting an obstacle in finding the path to my external hdd when I attempt to add a library - the dreaded "The path could not be found. Please ensure the path is valid and try again."

I do not know how to correct this. It seems it may be a permissions issue, but I don't understand how to find out or correct it. Maybe it's a mounting issue, but I don't know how to do that or what that really means.

My Seagate BackupPlus is exFAT formatted and has the digital music media on it and it's connected to my Raspberry Pi 4.

Here's this if it helps:

derek@raspberrypi:~ $ ls -l /media/derek/BackupPlus/Media/Music
total 768
drwxr-xr-x 8 derek derek 262144 Dec 20 21:56 Artist1
drwxr-xr-x 3 derek derek 262144 Dec 20 09:09 Artist2
drwxr-xr-x 3 derek derek 262144 Dec 20 09:08 Artist3

So it appears I have at least read and execute permissions so I don't know how to proceed.

If anyone could help with advice or clear instructions or a resource with clear instructions that can troubleshoot this specific scenario, I'd be very thankful.

Thanks for reading.

Lessaj

The folders under Music may be 755, which would allow anyone to read it, but there may be a restriction at a higher directory that's only 750 for example so check the permissions at each folder level. You can also try getting a shell as the emby user and see how far down into that path you can go.

sudo su -s /bin/bash emby