Cloned nvme, swapped to new pc, nothing can connect

psycoticinsane

psycoticinsane
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Is this a double nat or is nest bridged?

sorry i mistyped earlier, its a nighthawk MODEM, no router capabilities.

so open NAT

Edited by psycoticinsane

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, psycoticinsane said:

sorry i mistyped earlier, its a nighthawk MODEM, no router capabilities.

so open NAT

Are you manually portforwarding or trying to depend on automatic portmapping?

psycoticinsane

Are you manually portforwarding or trying to depend on automatic portmapping?

At this point i believe auto port mapping.

I did take a look in my Nest settings and i did have two things in there, for the other desktop pc, and i tried adding them for the new one but they fail to save, i dont remember how/what i did for the first ones as it was likely 4-5+ years ago.Screenshot_20240307_162548_Home.thumb.jpg.767ef1352f440b59d42dae4a8f318f6b.jpg

I also cant edit these to see how exactly i submitted them

Happy2Play

I will guess the server log has portmapping errors correct?

Have you restarted the Nest?

psycoticinsane
10 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

I will guess the server log has portmapping errors correct?

Have you restarted the Nest?

i have not checked server log, i honestly wouldnt know how to understand it.

i have restarted the nest, unplugged it and modem for 30 sec and plugged back in

Happy2Play

So the two entries in port management are for the old system correct? 

If so you are sort of stuck until you clear those from the router or possibly change ports in Emby and if automatic portmapper can secure the ports on the router otherwise will need to manually port forward.

psycoticinsane

yes they are, but this new system, has the same exact system name, 

psycoticinsane

So the two entries in port management are for the old system correct? 

If so you are sort of stuck until you clear those from the router or possibly change ports in Emby and if automatic portmapper can secure the ports on the router otherwise will need to manually port forward.

I went in to nest settings, and removed thos forwarding rules, and added these three in placeScreenshot_20240307_165332_Home.thumb.jpg.2745124e9db8effa6629f03d07a9a76b.jpg

And then i tried accessing emby from my phone, through cell service not connected to wifi and i was able to connect. 

Hopefully this will resolve the issues, and all thats left is to get all my users logged back in!

I appreciate the help and information that led to (tenatively) ironing this out.

Happy2Play
1 minute ago, psycoticinsane said:

I went in to nest settings, and removed thos forwarding rules, and added these three in placeScreenshot_20240307_165332_Home.thumb.jpg.2745124e9db8effa6629f03d07a9a76b.jpg

And then i tried accessing emby from my phone, through cell service not connected to wifi and i was able to connect. 

Hopefully this will resolve the issues, and all thats left is to get all my users logged back in!

I appreciate the help and information that led to (tenatively) ironing this out.

Sort of as you go 8096 correct but 8920 is wrong but is only needed if you add SSL.

psycoticinsane
5 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sort of as you go 8096 correct but 8920 is wrong but is only needed if you add SSL.

i only added 8920 because it was in the network settings in emby, figured it was a default port that emby uses and wouldnt hurt to add it.

should i just remove the two 8920 rules and leave the 8096 rule?

Lessaj

Yes both of your 8920 rules should be removed, you're not using SSL (but you really should for external access) so no point trying to redirect 8920 to 8096 when 8096 already has a rule.

• Thanks 1

psycoticinsane
2 hours ago, Lessaj said:

Yes both of your 8920 rules should be removed, you're not using SSL (but you really should for external access) so no point trying to redirect 8920 to 8096 when 8096 already has a rule.

I think i tried setting up ssl at one point but it was over my head and i ended up giving up. 

But as of now i removed the two 8920 rules and left the 8096 and all is well. My users are able to access remotely, as am I. Thank you again to all who offered help!

Happy2Play
3 hours ago, psycoticinsane said:

yes they are, but this new system, has the same exact system name, 

Follow up - Per your router it was looking at what looks to be the old system mac address for the port forwarding so the port was already going somewhere else so the new system could not utilize it until you deleted the existing rules.

But glad you are all set now.

Lessaj

Yes the MAC address is different. I guess that's how it's doing it instead of IP, or maybe a combination of both since it said "Not available" on the old entries but new entries have the IP and MAC.