Server error from /shows/missing API

jhyler
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

jhyler

I will start out by saying I haven't used the API before and so don't have much of a clue as to what I'm doing.   Luke said I should use the API to do something, and I'm trying.

First, here's what I want: I want a list of all missing episodes of all TV series in my library, globally.  This information could be found in the database until recent changes, and not being able to get it anymore is what started this whole thing.

Luke recommended I try the API and check into /shows/missing.  So after some startup failures, I found the API off the server settings page. I authenticated and found /shows/missing. Lots of parameters, not all of them make sense to me, but they're optional so I don't worry about it. It looks like if I made the request without supplying any parameters, it would essentially be requesting exactly what I wanted - missing episodes from all series in the database unconditionally. (I also tell myself it can't possibly be that easy).  But I give it a try.  Here's what happens:

image.png.0160460364d67b63296f87905dce4227.png

This confuses me.  What guid?  But it's code 500 which in a way is a little comforting since the server is saying "it's not your fault, it's mine", but with overtones of "there's nothing you can do".

I check the log and find this:

image.thumb.png.0209577958a6e85f283f8800a18da9c3.png

Not much help there, not to me anyway.  What I think this might mean is that my earlier suspicion is right: it, in fact, isn't this easy.  I was going for a global list, and while I didn't see anything that said that wouldn't work, I suspect that the implementation isn't set up to do it.  

Can anyone help me out here?  What do I have to do to get this to work?

Thanks.

Edited by jhyler

Hi there, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

jhyler
Posted (edited)

Been a while since it happened, Luke,  and I've been playing with variations on the theme. So I recreated it as described above. It's at the end of the attached log, just about exactly 17:00 today. Thanks.

embyserver.txt

Edited by jhyler

• Solution
1 hour ago, jhyler said:

Been a while since it happened, Luke,  and I've been playing with variations on the theme. So I recreated it as described above. It's at the end of the attached log, just about exactly 17:00 today. Thanks.

embyserver.txt 513.63 kB · 0 downloads

OK I would try updating to 4.8.3 and see if that helps.

jhyler

The update fixed it!  I have a bunch of JSON now that I need to parse and decide how to best go forward with integrating this data into my existing software.

Thanks for your help - and your patience. It's much appreciated.

• Thanks 1