M3U playlists in video libraries ignored

subspanky

subspanky

If I place and m3u playlist file of videos into a video library it's not included in the library.  If I place the same playlist file into a music library, it gets included and is functional.  Is there a setting that I'm missing to have them included in a video library, or are they just ignored and only supported in music libraries?

Hello subspanky,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Hi, currently they are ignored for video libraries, although we could always add an option similar to what we have with music.

subspanky

I think that would be a good option to add for a couple of reasons.  It's a tad confusing that, while video playlists aren't recognized in video libraries at all, not only are they recognized when placed in an audio library, but they work as expected.  Also, it might accommodate new users coming from media players which treat all media files as first class citizens.  They may have all video or mixed media playlists to import.  One use case for this, which is my personal interest, are educational courses.  Many of the ones that I have contain both audio and video lectures.  And, a lot of them come with playlists because the files aren't named in any usable manner.  Just my 2¢.  Cheers!

• Thanks 1