Emby 4.8 Unresponsive

matrixserver

matrixserver

I run Emby as a docker container on Unraid. It has worked well for a long time. After upgrading Emby Server from 4.7 to 4.8 I have had nothing but issues. The main problem, Emby server becomes unresponsive or at least Extremely slow. So if I perform a docker reboot on the Emby container the server operates fine for couple hours at most. Then suddenly the interface stops responding and I get the spinning circle. If I reboot again, same thing happens. I tried installing clean docker container and restoring Emby backup. Same results. I've also noticed the scan time takes much longer than it did on 4.7. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance..

embyserver-63845155933.txt embyserver (10).txt hardware_detection-63845155938.txt

• Like 1

jaycedk

It look like your Emby server has problems with your files.

Its filled with these errors.

Not sure if these errors are new, to your logs.

2024-03-04 00:07:37.171 Error App: Error in ffprobe
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.8.3.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 6.1.74-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb  2 11:06:32 PST 2024
    Framework: .NET 6.0.25
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 48
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Unified.Ffmpeg.FfRunException: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Unified.Ffmpeg.FfRunException: ffprobe failed - streams and format are both null: -i file:"/mnt/user/Video-Television_Shows/Saturday Night Live (1975)/Season 28/Saturday Night Live - S28E08 - Al Gore+Phish SDTV.avi" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
    ffprobe version 5.1-emby_2023_06_25 Copyright (c) 2007-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
      built with gcc 10.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.25.0)
    [avi @ 0x6da940] Format avi detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible!
    file:/mnt/user/Video-Television_Shows/Saturday Night Live (1975)/Season 28/Saturday Night Live - S28E08 - Al Gore+Phish SDTV.avi: Invalid data found when processing input

{

}
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, String userAgent, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean hasMixedProtocols, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](MetadataResult`1 metadataResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, MetadataResult`1 itemResult, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

I also see it for your *.mp4 files

2024-03-04 00:08:48.017 Error App: Error in ffprobe
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.8.3.0
    Command line: /system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /config -ffdetect /bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3
    Operating system: Linux version 6.1.74-Unraid (root@Develop-612) (gcc (GCC) 12.2.0, GNU ld version 2.40-slack151) #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Feb  2 11:06:32 PST 2024
    Framework: .NET 6.0.25
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 48
    Data path: /config
    Application path: /system
    Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Unified.Ffmpeg.FfRunException: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Unified.Ffmpeg.FfRunException: ffprobe failed - streams and format are both null: -i file:"/mnt/user/Video-Television_Shows/Charlie's Angels (1976)/Season 01/Charlie's Angels (1976) - S01E01 - Hellride [imdb-tt0073972] [tvdbid-77170] DVD Bit.mp4" -threads 0 -v info -print_format json -show_streams -show_chapters -show_format -show_data
    ffprobe version 5.1-emby_2023_06_25 Copyright (c) 2007-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC
      built with gcc 10.3.0 (crosstool-NG 1.25.0)
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x6da940] Format mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 detected only with low score of 1, misdetection possible!
    [mov,mp4,m4a,3gp,3g2,mj2 @ 0x6da940] moov atom not found
    file:/mnt/user/Video-Television_Shows/Charlie's Angels (1976)/Season 01/Charlie's Angels (1976) - S01E01 - Hellride [imdb-tt0073972] [tvdbid-77170] DVD Bit.mp4: Invalid data found when processing input

{

}
       at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Probing.MediaProbeManager.GetMediaInfoInternal(String inputPath, String primaryPath, MediaProtocol protocol, String userAgent, Boolean extractChapters, String probeSizeArgument, Boolean isAudio, Boolean hasMixedProtocols, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Providers.MediaInfo.FFProbeVideoInfo.ProbeVideo[T](MetadataResult`1 metadataResult, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at Emby.Providers.Manager.MetadataService`2.RunCustomProvider(ICustomMetadataProvider`1 provider, MetadataResult`1 itemResult, String logName, MetadataRefreshOptions options, LibraryOptions libraryOptions, RefreshResult refreshResult, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
    TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

matrixserver

Thank you for the help! It is really appreciated. I cant say I have ever noticed the errors before. That said, why would 4.8 have the issue when 4.7 did not? Should I delete every file it is having issues with? Can you make heads or tails of the sql errors?

jaycedk

I really can't say.

My guess is to wait for one of the dev's to help out.

adminExitium

You will also need to provide Debug logs (these are just Info logs).

Hi, those log files have been removed. Can you please provide new ones? Thanks.

matrixserver

here is the debug log. I tried to wait till Emby became unresponsive. Hope this reveals something. The web gui just hangs on main page. doesn't matter if I connect locally or via reverse proxy. Thanks!

embyserver (17).txt

7 minutes ago, matrixserver said:

here is the debug log. I tried to wait till Emby became unresponsive. Hope this reveals something. The web gui just hangs on main page. doesn't matter if I connect locally or via reverse proxy. Thanks!

embyserver (17).txt 22.37 MB · 0 downloads

What exactly do you mean by hangs on main page?

matrixserver
Posted (edited)

The main page loads, slowly, with all the library squares. The latest items often do not load and I just get the circle in the middle of the screen spinning. If I restart Emby it goes back to very responsive for about an hour or so. Main page loads quick, so do the libraries. This started happening right after 4.8 update from 4.7. I went as far as wiping our the docker container and doing a fresh 4.8 install. I restored backup, and back to same issue. It doesn't seem to matter the device accessing Emby. And the results are repeatable. Every single time I restart Emby it's snappy, but just for a short period of time. I have tried removing the server from the clients and re-setting up each. Nothing changed. I'm at a loss. I have some of the older logs if you need them. I ran the same hardware for 4.7 and never had this issue. Does 4.8 do something to the database? At one point I believe I did see SQL errors or notifications after the upgrade in the logs. I'm no software engineer so it may have been nothing.

Edited by matrixserver

matrixserver

I think I have found the issue. It's not Emby. It's Ombi. Emby is getting flooded with requests. I have turned Ombi off and will run a few days to test. I will post results then.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, matrixserver said:

I think I have found the issue. It's not Emby. It's Ombi. Emby is getting flooded with requests. I have turned Ombi off and will run a few days to test. I will post results then.

Yes, shutdown this software, keep it shutdown, and that should resolve your issue.