Reducing bitrate due to quality setting ??

chrisrobbins1970

cochize1
On 06/03/2024 at 01:36, Happy2Play said:

Sure but you can't force something that is not support to direct play like your example of 8K.

But the issue here is Emby AUTO setting on most remote clients will be very conservative and fallback to a hardcoded rate somewhere like 1.5Mbps.  As this has always been an issue really specific to Roku.  Auto is not your friend if you don't want transcoding on remote sessions.

@Happy2Playsince you've helped me so many times I thought I'd ask. If AUTO on remote connections is so conservative, can we adjust some files that'd set default to i.e. 1080p 5 Mbps for remote WebApp connections? Sometimes I see transcoding on simple small files on while played remotely on Chrome or Firefox. Most of my library is 1080p x264/x265 with overall bitrate of  3000. There should be some setting in some file that sets this to auto I would like to change (with each update of course).

Happy2Play
1 hour ago, cochize1 said:

@Happy2Playsince you've helped me so many times I thought I'd ask. If AUTO on remote connections is so conservative, can we adjust some files that'd set default to i.e. 1080p 5 Mbps for remote WebApp connections? Sometimes I see transcoding on simple small files on while played remotely on Chrome or Firefox. Most of my library is 1080p x264/x265 with overall bitrate of  3000. There should be some setting in some file that sets this to auto I would like to change (with each update of course).

Not that I know of as I believe this is player/client specific.  But will guess there is one for the browser somewhere.

cochize1
On 08/03/2024 at 01:25, Happy2Play said:

But will guess there is one for the browser somewhere.

Do you think you could point me at least on where to look? What file is responsible for setting the default playback to auto and if it could ne changed to a given value?