Roku Now Playing Issue

AP123

AP123

I’m having similar Roku issues for remote users. Videos are at full play time but still showing as playing. Sometimes the user has multiple videos playing at once on the roku device. Emby will show the same device playing 2-3 videos. I often have to disable the user to get the videos to stop. Quite frustrating. I attached two photos from tonight. These were both playing at the same time for one user. 

IMG_2629.jpeg

IMG_2630.jpeg

Edited by AP123

AP123
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Luke said:

Hi @AP123let's look at a specific example:

Thanks !

The logs don't show the overlap, but at 8:58pm last night, both videos were showing as active on the remote user's Roku activity. The active videos were switching between each other back and forth, which is where I grabbed both screen shots. I've attached the logs for episode 16 and 17 playing. 

ffmpeg-transcode-52faacf0-2875-4b3d-bcf1-e095c8099207_1.txt ffmpeg-transcode-458055d9-f234-4960-9ecf-0c97c3560d69_1.txt

Edited by AP123

I have seen this when I accidentally press the Home button or launched one of those damned app buttons it has on the remote. . Since it is so close to the end of that episode and I open up Emby so quickly the session remains alive. I then play from Next Up and it plays the next episode. But the server display is messed up with doubling. Is this how it happens for you? With just 4 seconds left on the one that is stuck there I am assume it is.

Edited by speechles

AP123
22 hours ago, speechles said:

I have seen this when I accidentally press the Home button or launched one of those damned app buttons it has on the remote. . Since it is so close to the end of that episode and I open up Emby so quickly the session remains alive. I then play from Next Up and it plays the next episode. But the server display is messed up with doubling. Is this how it happens for you? With just 4 seconds left on the one that is stuck there I am assume it is.

No so it actually shows the file at full time, or oddly enough the screenshot shows 4 seconds OVER time not left lol, and then it flashes and changes to the next playing, and then flashes back. So it actively shows me 2 playing at a time. Or sometimes it just shows one "playing" but it's at full time and it just hasn't closed. I basically have to keep disabling the remote user to get it to go away. 

Have you updated to Emby Server 4.8.3? Has that helped?