Audio Out of Sync when using appleTV

Jonathan1683

Jonathan1683

Hello,

I have been using my appleTVs for many years with out issues, but now I am constantly noticing Audio being slightly of sync. Is anyone else having this issue and are there anything I can do to try and fix this issue? When I play on my PC it plays fine, this is on lan/direct play as well. Sometimes it will start happening when i pause/resume, but I now notice it a lot even when I am not pausing.

Thank you!

Jonathan1683
Posted (edited)

Here are the logs the show i played to show the error is love is blind user jonathan

Thanks for your help :)

edit: the logs are not anonymized when  I click that option 😮 I had to remove them. Should I pm them?

It shows my server info on these lines, it seems to be hiding some info , but not others.

024-03-02 05:07:06.583 Info Server: http/1.1 GET http://xxxx:xxx/emby/videos/231613/hls1/main/1.ts?PlaySessionId=eddace9a4276421c8dc5b0460d2d1feb. Accept=*/*, Connection=keep-alive, Host=host13, User-Agent=libmpv, Icy-MetaData=1

Edited by Jonathan1683

Jonathan1683

hello i think you are right, at least I am not alone thank you 

Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.

sdragon001

@Jonathan1683try turning off framerate matching in the AppleTV settings. So far this is reported to work and a workaround for now, if you want to use it for other Apple TV apps you’ll have to turn it back on. Alternatively you can also use DLNA to AppleTV or other 3rd party apps as well. (VidHub, infuse**paid sub**) infuse is the most recommended 3rd party app to use on AppleTV for features that are not available yet for the official Emby app for appleTV. 

• Thanks 1

Jonathan1683

Never heard of any of that before I will check on that when i get home. Thanks for the tips!

• Like 1

Jonathan1683
Posted (edited)

I turned off frame rate matching and it seemed to fix the audio issue. Thanks for the help, I don't know what I am missing out on without that option, but I think I rather have the audio in sync, it was very annoying.

Edited by Jonathan1683
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
Jonathan1683

Actually it looks like there is still this issue after turning that off. Is there any idea when this might be fixed? There is nothing worse than trying to watch shows and the audio is out of sync :(

2 hours ago, Jonathan1683 said:

Actually it looks like there is still this issue after turning that off. Is there any idea when this might be fixed? There is nothing worse than trying to watch shows and the audio is out of sync :(

Hi, we are looking into it. Thanks.