Photo Library auto generated folder images won't showed up

MatthiasM

MatthiasM

Hi folks

I'm an old emby user but bloody new with the Android TV client since I got my NV shield device.

However, I recognise a behavior that is different from all other clients that I use and maybe someone can tell me if this is a know missing feature and was already places to a backlog or this is a bug?!?

If I navigate to myphoto library there are to kindof folders - the default ones with no specified folder images (no poster.jpg inside the folder itself, the folder images was auto generated by emby) and the other ones which I choose a specified folder images and the poster.jpg is in place.

with ios, android, web windows client emby show both tyes of folder image scorrectly and if I switch the server protocol to debug I can see all these requets readin images, enhance them etc.

If I do that with the Android TV, only the folders with the poster.jpg in place will be displayed the other, auto generated images are not displayed and a gray placeholder icon is visible instead. Also the log won't any request at the server and it seems the the client even don't send a request to the server to get those images.

Can anyone please enlighten me ;)

Thanks and best regards

Matthias

Hi there, can you please show an example? Thanks.

MatthiasM

sure @Luke

Android TV

grafik.thumb.png.7a8d5719b43f751bbe8ab54f5b813ae9.png

IOS

grafik.thumb.png.66c232cd3a8d54dab7c310216f669438.png

Windows Chrome Browser

grafik.thumb.png.f418881f80d12e6f9c3265d72d37882c.png

Windows emby Theater

grafik.thumb.png.763fe3c406d6b0b72c7e7a941faa8047.png

Android

grafik.thumb.png.718053ce974a0f1b50f1c964a1ef300e.png

Hi.  What is different about the one that does show an image on the TV?

MatthiasM

Hi @ebrin that folder I did specify the image by choosing it inside the emby client

grafik.png.c42c1b60ee3a3095f5484892c5f259e2.png

or placeing the poter.jpg inside that folder.

grafik.png.d3e424e20be50d423b5708d9c6294ede.png

In all the folders with the grey placeholders that didn't be done and emby auto generated the displayed images.

grafik.png.281460b4f17e35e669c7aef89d5f5fab.png

It looks like - just my thoughts - that the client don't request that images. With protocol on the emby server turned to debug I can see activity while I navigate trugh the foto folders with the client (windows chrome browser or windows eby theater as example) if I do that with the Android TV client the log show no requests.

I don't have enough insider knowledge about how emby works with auto generated images nor where they are stored.

For my opinion the server should handle that difference: if a poster.jpg is in place display that - if no poster.jpg is in place read the auto generated one from (??? the temp path) and display it.

I hope my description explain the issue clear enough ;)

thx

Matthias

Hi, what version of Emby for Android TV do you have?