Live TV Throws No Compatible Stream Error Since 4.8.0.80

goob614
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

goob614

Running Emby Server on QNAP TVS-871 running QTS 5.1.5.2679.  Issue started in 4.8.0.80, upgraded to 4.8.1.0 to check if issue resolved, still happening.

Since 4.8.0.80 Emby Web App throws no compatible stream error (too quick to really read before it disappears) for most Live TV sources.  It's working good on the Fire TV app.  If I open the stream first in VLC Media Player and while it's running open in Emby Web App it works.

I've attached logs from a test run where I used the same channel (issue happens with all channels from this source) for each.  I believe it may be linked to this issue I found while searching the forum to see if anyone is having a similar issue.  My belief is there is a time out somewhere that isn't long enough to let the stream start.  If it's already started elsewhere I believe the Web App doesn't hit the timeout and works.  Thanks in advance!

embyserver Live TV.txt ffmpeg-transcode-b058f4a5-d09e-4358-9735-fe022a2959d8_1 Web App Failed.txt ffmpeg-directstream-8131c32b-0ab2-4f75-b236-5b81031cf75b_1 Web App Success.txt ffmpeg-transcode-c7c44826-ce9e-4da1-a338-76c3f0853698_1 Fire TV Success.txt

Edit:  Continued testing and was able to get the channel to work if I tried three times in rapid succession.

Edited by goob614

• Solution

Hi, we'll be putting out a 4.8.2 maintenance release in the coming days and I think this will be resolved with that. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

goob614

I've been seeing a lot of work going in for the betas.  I'll watch out for that and give it a try, thanks for the quick reply!

• Thanks 1

goob614

Got the server notification that 4.8.3.0 was available, upgraded, and tested...  Works smooth as butter; great work to you and team, thanks so much!

• Thanks 1