Increase Stream timeout

Theradioguy

Theradioguy

Hey all,

Currently I'm bumping into an issue with the live TV plugin for TVHeadend where I have a couple of streams that take a very long time to start (45-75 seconds), but Wmby will time out before the stream starts.  In the logs I can see the following:

```
Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
    MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Connection to http://x.x.x.x:9981/stream/channelid/969920332?ticket=xxxx timed out
     ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The request was canceled due to the configured HttpClient.Timeout of 30 seconds elapsing.
     ---> System.TimeoutException: The operation was canceled.
     ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: The operation was canceled.
     ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: Operation canceled.
     ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (125): Operation canceled
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.ThrowException(SocketError error, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.AwaitableSocketAsyncEventArgs.System.Threading.Tasks.Sources.IValueTaskSource<System.Int32>.GetResult(Int16 token)
       at System.Net.Http.HttpConnection.InitialFillAsync(Boolean async)

```

Which makes sense if there is a hard coded timeout of 30 seconds.  I wonder if there is a setting or other way to increase this value so Emby will wait the required amount of time for these particular streams to start.

Thanks!

Edited by Theradioguy

Theradioguy

Thanks for this, but I wonder if it is possible to get this exposed as a configuration option so it can be user set?  In my case, 50 seconds would be sufficient some of the time, but I have observed these streams taking as long as 75 seconds to start.  Having this as a user-selectable option under some advanced settings menu would allow the specification of a high timeout for some users but would not impact other users.

39 minutes ago, Theradioguy said:

This is great news!  Any idea when this is planned for?

I don't have an ETA, sorry.