Jump to content

VC1 playback not smooth although it directplays


JoBagOfDonuts

Recommended Posts

JoBagOfDonuts

I would like to +1 this issue. I have the bluray collection of Big Bang Theory (Remuxed for quality reasons), and for some reason Season 3 was only formatted in VC1 with AC3 5.1 instead of the usual H.264 with DTS-HD MA 5.1 the rest of the bluray seasons have. Currently it's the only season I can't enjoy because of the choppy framerate. I don't know if it would be possible to fix or find some way to get VC1 content to play correctly with/without transcoding (direct play is preferable).

1.png

2.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

JoBagOfDonuts

@Luke

I have watch season 3 episode 1 and season 4 episode 1 (both included in the video) and it should also be included in the log below.

I have included a screen recording of the issue, just to show what was happening.

The video is short (for size reasons) but shows the problem as describe above.

Logs.7z screen-20240227-172512-001.mkv

Edited by JoBagOfDonuts
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

OK, the app tries to play it with software decoding. I think we just need to make that optional.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
A7xp
On 04/04/2024 at 00:29, Luke said:

OK, the app tries to play it with software decoding. I think we just need to make that optional.

I've had the same problem too since December, however I'm facing the same problem with 4k content too the last update.

The problem always occurs when ffmpeg is the render instead of MediaCodec

Please fix it asap.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2024 at 11:35 PM, A7xp said:

I've had the same problem too since December, however I'm facing the same problem with 4k content too the last update.

The problem always occurs when ffmpeg is the render instead of MediaCodec

Please fix it asap.

HI, MediaCodec can't be used unless your device supports hardware decoding of VC1. Does it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

A7xp
On 02/06/2024 at 00:20, Luke said:

HI, MediaCodec can't be used unless your device supports hardware decoding of VC1. Does it?

It does support VC1, because it runs smoothly in Kodi.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...