UPdate to 4.8.1.0 on MacOS

KLF&TLF

5 minutes ago, KLF&TLF said:

Side note while you guys figure out how to keep display settings in place, when you do a restart of your browser the sidebar goes back to talking up 1/8th of the screen you need to figure that one out too now

Have you configured the browser to clear browsing data?

KLF&TLF
16 minutes ago, Luke said:

Have you configured the browser to clear browsing data?

Nope but I am using Brave which you are probably going to tell me is half my problem but I tested in both Chrome and Safari as well before replying to this message and same issue

1 minute ago, KLF&TLF said:

Nope but I am using Brave which you are probably going to tell me is half my problem but I tested in both Chrome and Safari as well before replying to this message and same issue

Brave is fine. Is there any chance you may have configured your browsers to clear data on exit? I have tested both Chrome and Safari and cannot reproduce.

KLF&TLF
4 hours ago, Luke said:

Brave is fine. Is there any chance you may have configured your browsers to clear data on exit? I have tested both Chrome and Safari and cannot reproduce.

After last time you told me that was my problem I set my setting to manual clear and I haven't cleared my cache since Nov last year. But if I have to live with changing that feature just to get my other back I will happily have show missing and upcoming episodes, and being able to add to these to favourites so I know what t am missing 

KLF&TLF
15 hours ago, KLF&TLF said:

After last time you told me that was my problem I set my setting to manual clear and I haven't cleared my cache since Nov last year. But if I have to live with changing that feature just to get my other back I will happily have show missing and upcoming episodes, and being able to add to these to favourites so I know what t am missing 

New side note what is actually funny is that what didn't hold was the "Settings Theme" to be dark however my Accent Colour choice stays Blue not default Green. Do you want another Beta Tester for Mac? It is what I use to do so I will certainly break it and tell you where the problems are cause I am already doing that now.  🤣

Edited by KLF&TLF

On 2/27/2024 at 8:01 PM, KLF&TLF said:

New side note what is actually funny is that what didn't hold was the "Settings Theme" to be dark however my Accent Colour choice stays Blue not default Green. Do you want another Beta Tester for Mac? It is what I use to do so I will certainly break it and tell you where the problems are cause I am already doing that now.  🤣

Can you try clearing browsing data? I wonder if the web app hit a storage limit in your browser and new saves are being rejected. Clearing browsing data will reset some things but then see if it happens again after that.

KLF&TLF
31 minutes ago, Luke said:

Can you try clearing browsing data? I wonder if the web app hit a storage limit in your browser and new saves are being rejected. Clearing browsing data will reset some things but then see if it happens again after that.

With all the changes you have made recently I closed everything done and then only opened Emby and and started trying a few things and at the moment I have it fixed. However one really random fact that I havent been able to confirm is EXT.to has now gone dark. I do have everything set to dark but that was one website that didn't have the option but since this update its now dark and blue. I honestly believe that is was sheer coincidence but it's just funny.

Also what suggestions do you have on the missing episodes and the favourites issue. A week in and I am about the throw my computer out the window. I am really frustrated.

KLF&TLF

what suggestions do you have on the missing episodes and the favourites issue. A week in and I am about the throw my computer out the window. I am really frustrated.

Hi, in the 4.8.3 release, have you tried checking out the new Missing Episodes view in the metadata manager?

KLF&TLF
On 08/03/2024 at 07:35, Luke said:

Hi, in the 4.8.3 release, have you tried checking out the new Missing Episodes view in the metadata manager?

Well lets say I have looked at it and maybe took a boys look or forgot to put my glasses on I cant see missing episodes. Do you want to direct me to where I need to go?

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 3.16.44 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-03-09 at 3.17.01 pm.png

KLF&TLF

Sorry I had a boys look but thats a piss poor answer and it doesn't fix any of my problem 

KLF&TLF

What is so hard about putting missing episodes back in the library setup and favouriting individual episodes rather than a whole series?

favouriting individual episodes rather than a whole series?

HI, what do you mean by this?

KLF&TLF

You can't favourite a single episode you can only favourite the whole series. If I am wrong tell me how to do it please. 

OK before you tell me go to the home screen and hover over next up episode and favourite that, that's not what I want. As I said you guys completely screwed the pooch on this update.

You can't favourite a MISSING or UPCOMING episode and thats what I NEED and honestly can't see how how it is to roll back to that feature. 

KLF&TLF

Whats the best way to swap/migrate from Emby back to Plex since things aren't changing?

3 hours ago, KLF&TLF said:

Whats the best way to swap/migrate from Emby back to Plex since things aren't changing?

Hi, but don't you want a personal media server as opposed to one that puts your information into the cloud?

KLF&TLF
21 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi, but don't you want a personal media server as opposed to one that puts your information into the cloud?

Ideally but I would like the basic feature that you had and removed for some unknown reason and if being cloud based is the cost then thats the cost of having a basic features

19 minutes ago, KLF&TLF said:

Ideally but I would like the basic feature that you had and removed for some unknown reason and if being cloud based is the cost then thats the cost of having a basic features

But they don’t have the missing episodes feature so its not like you’re going to gain that.

KLF&TLF
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Luke said:

But they don’t have the missing episodes feature so its not like you’re going to gain that.

But tey have a better work around than you.

Why do you have to go into every TV series (I have over 500) and then go show missing or even upcoming , write that down or screen shot it then have a metric shite tonne of crap just to get to missing episodes or upcoming. But lrts go what you want me to do for missing and that is use the report for missing but that report isn't correct 100% of time.

Again what is so hard about putting the check boxes back in library advance settings for missing episodes and having the ability to mark it as a favourite when looking at the series, and what is so hard about putting the favourite option back on upcoming. You can still favourite OLD episodes but not new ones or the ones you are missing.

Yes this may sound trivial to you but with over 20,000 episodes this simple rollback would help   

Plus I given up on asking for the other feature you removed for no seemingly good reason

Edited by KLF&TLF

HI, but Plex doesn't even have a missing episodes feature. When I search for it, their users are saying they use Sonarr to track this. So with the missing episodes information that we do provide, aren't we doing more than they are?

KLF&TLF
4 hours ago, Luke said:

HI, but Plex doesn't even have a missing episodes feature. When I search for it, their users are saying they use Sonarr to track this. So with the missing episodes information that we do provide, aren't we doing more than they are?

No Luke, let tackle missing episodes 1 aspect at a time.

1. How do I turn on for all TV series to reflect missing issues in the season rather than going to the series, clicking the 3 dots selecting missing episodes trying to determine which way to record this information. The way you currently have it set I will never get all my missing episodes. For example Ghost Adventures Screaming Room S03E04. By having report in the series with the words missing above it it half solves my problem but not completely. Having this would be a good start. As I said why did you take this option from the library information?