UPdate to 4.8.1.0 on MacOS

KLF&TLF

KLF&TLF

Really straight forward questions/ requests

1. What have you done to all TV Shows that might have been marked as Favourite in the previous version? This is now a major major problem for me. I used Favourites to track my shows that I was missing and now I can't find them

2. What happened to the Play button that was overlaid on TV shows in UpComing? Again this is a major problem. 

3. Where has the ability to add TV Episodes to Favourites gone? There use to be a drop down option that allowed you to put it in Favourites, edit images, add to collections etc

4. Alos how do I remove the sidebar thingy its just so big even once you have reduced the size?

Living in Australia means either doing the illegal thing and downloading or having multiple streamers. Having the ability to hover over the thumbnail to see if the file is there or not. The 3 questions I have asked help streamline the process of Emby. We don't watch Free to Air but these changes are making me lean further and further into swapping back to Plex which I have been avoiding now for years but Emby you are not leaving me many options. 

OK So just did a restart of the computer, Emby Server and the various apps and web page and now 2 out 36 favourites have come back so I don't get it. Now my problem is that I need to go through over 500 TV shows to find the active missing episodes and before the suggestion of running the missing episodes report comes up that doesn't give what I what without doing the same amount of work as going through individually. Found the missing episodes thing and that is the worst job I have ever seen. You need to go into each show and select missing and then when you select missing and upcoming it doesnt save ... WTF ... Tell me how to save the missing episodes to upcoming and missing as this is a must have feature

Edited by KLF&TLF

Hi, we have not removed any of these things. Can you show a screenshot of what you're seeing to demonstrate the issue?

4. Alos how do I remove the sidebar thingy its just so big even once you have reduced the size?

Have you explored clicking the button in the top right of the sidebar?

KLF&TLF

Sorry for the late reply. The problem with taking an image is you get a little stuck depending on how you do it. So I have taken one from the home screen which shows what I am talking about being the favourites option, the 3 little dots, play button etc but if you go to upcoming thats all missing. 

So as I said I found the missing episodes stuff but there has got to be a global way to turn that on and save it? If so where is that option.

Have also included a snap shot of my favourites screen which has lost everything that was marked as a favourite. These 3 images also show the sidebar is reduced to small but it still takes up to much real estate.

Any suggestions are welcome but I am fast losing hope.

Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 1.18.14 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 1.19.34 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 1.21.49 pm.png

Try clicking the button to open it. Then when it's open, click the button in the upper right.

1. What have you done to all TV Shows that might have been marked as Favourite in the previous version? This is now a major major problem for me. I used Favourites to track my shows that I was missing and now I can't find them

OK this was certainly  not intended, and i apologize for the disruption. If you mark a new series as favorite, does it show up there?

Just now, KLF&TLF said:

Tried that before I even asked about it and no luck 

What exactly did you do and what exactly happened?

KLF&TLF
5 hours ago, Luke said:

OK this was certainly  not intended, and i apologize for the disruption. If you mark a new series as favorite, does it show up there?

OK so this is where the problem is. Forget the stuff that has gone missing if I go and favourite the upcoming shows for tomorrow it will appear. However lets say I want to favourite my missing episodes they aren't showing up nor are they being saved when I turn on missing episodes from within the TV series or the TV series Season 

KLF&TLF
2 minutes ago, Luke said:

What exactly did you do and what exactly happened?

After I installed the update I stated looking around to see what was different and noticed the side bar. When you first install you have the 3 lines on the top right so clicked that "once" and it shrunk to the size it is now. I have then tried to see if I could manually resize like a window with no luck, I have tried double clicking the 3 lines, I have rebooted the computer I have restarted the server and still I have this sidebar that is not petite it still takes up way to much real estate but maybe I am being precious about it and that was your intended size but honestly it is too big even small. Sorry 

1 minute ago, KLF&TLF said:

After I installed the update I stated looking around to see what was different and noticed the side bar. When you first install you have the 3 lines on the top right so clicked that "once" and it shrunk to the size it is now. I have then tried to see if I could manually resize like a window with no luck, I have tried double clicking the 3 lines, I have rebooted the computer I have restarted the server and still I have this sidebar that is not petite it still takes up way to much real estate but maybe I am being precious about it and that was your intended size but honestly it is too big even small. Sorry 

You can make it go away completely. Starting from the small size in your screenshots, click the menu button in the upper left. Then when it opens, click the button in the top right of the sidebar and this will hide it entirely and make it like it used to be.

Does that do the trick?

KLF&TLF
5 minutes ago, KLF&TLF said:

OK so this is where the problem is. Forget the stuff that has gone missing if I go and favourite the upcoming shows for tomorrow it will appear. However lets say I want to favourite my missing episodes they aren't showing up nor are they being saved when I turn on missing episodes from within the TV series or the TV series Season 

Here are screenshots and I will try to explain as best I can. 

I use the upcoming feature to favourite my episodes I need to source the day that they are aired not the day after. As I said previously we either have a truck load of streamers and to get all the shows we watch it costs about $300 a month for that so I do whats not allowed therefore this feature of being able to favourite upcoming is essential to me. Then there are shows that the upcoming displays as a Monday show when in actual fact its a Wednesday show so therefore it becomes a missing episode again there is no save option to display upcoming or missing on a permanent basis so this update has really f%^&#$ the way I do things. Again maybe it is juts me but this is a problem considering we are paying for your service that use to offer this and now its a show by show option and doesn't even stay active when you close out. Or if it does or is suppose to stay active it certainly doesn't 

Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 7.05.25 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 7.05.37 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-25 at 7.06.41 pm.png

KLF&TLF
5 minutes ago, Luke said:

You can make it go away completely. Starting from the small size in your screenshots, click the menu button in the upper left. Then when it opens, click the button in the top right of the sidebar and this will hide it entirely and make it like it used to be.

Does that do the trick?

Not on my Mac just tried again before replying. When I open up the laptop tomorrow I will try on there and let you know and hopefully it will carry over to another device and not be standalone.

2 minutes ago, KLF&TLF said:

Not on my Mac just tried again before replying. When I open up the laptop tomorrow I will try on there and let you know and hopefully it will carry over to another device and not be standalone.

Starting from here:

image.png

Click the menu button in the upper left. The full menu will fly open. Then click this:

image.png

And it will go away.

KLF&TLF
14 hours ago, Luke said:

Starting from here:

image.png

Click the menu button in the upper left. The full menu will fly open. Then click this:

image.png

And it will go away.

Yes after a second reboot and relaunch and update of my browser this worked but everything else is still missing 

KLF&TLF

WTAF????????? Now I cant log in and my password is apparently wrong but it is the one I have used to log in here and your stupid new link taking you to where the instructions do not tell you jack s^&%$ about passwords. Yes not a good morning seriously EMby WTF have you done I want to roll back to your last version in that I knew how to work around your kinks 

3 hours ago, KLF&TLF said:

WTAF????????? Now I cant log in and my password is apparently wrong but it is the one I have used to log in here and your stupid new link taking you to where the instructions do not tell you jack s^&%$ about passwords. Yes not a good morning seriously EMby WTF have you done I want to roll back to your last version in that I knew how to work around your kinks 

Hi, your user account on this forum is different from the user on your personal Emby server, therefore the passwords may not be the same. This isn’t anything related to the update. Did you try clicking forgot password on the login screen?

KLF&TLF
56 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, your user account on this forum is different from the user on your personal Emby server, therefore the passwords may not be the same. This isn’t anything related to the update. Did you try clicking forgot password on the login screen?

I have the same password for Emby being 20 characters and all the junk because of a previous issue. Whilst this is not my password for Emby this is what it would like "OQBG+c1Zy=HewYUTk##i" so what the actual @((#%&&#% and where are the instructions for resetting the password because it sure as shit is not in the link that now comes up

KLF&TLF
1 minute ago, KLF&TLF said:

I have the same password for Emby being 20 characters and all the junk because of a previous issue. Whilst this is not my password for Emby this is what it would like "OQBG+c1Zy=HewYUTk##i" so what the actual @((#%&&#% and where are the instructions for resetting the password because it sure as shit is not in the link that now comes up

And to reset my password I need to login to my user to reset it so this is a cliuster F%^*@$*(( of monumental proportions 

And to reset my password I need to login to my user to reset it so this is a cliuster F%^*@$*(( of monumental proportions 

Hi, you don't have to login to reset the password. The login screen has a Forgot Password button. Just click that and it will walk you through the process. Did you try that? What exactly happened?

KLF&TLF
35 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, you don't have to login to reset the password. The login screen has a Forgot Password button. Just click that and it will walk you through the process. Did you try that? What exactly happened?

I am the first person to say I am wrong but help me here because I will disagree because none of this is what you want me to do.

Unless I am now using the Admin reset under my user name your instructions are not intuitive 

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 3.04.15 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 3.04.26 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 3.04.55 pm.png

Screen Shot 2024-02-26 at 3.05.05 pm.png

Right so this is what I meant about Emby Connect login and the login on your personal server being two different things.

If you can't login on your Emby Server, then that's what you need to reset and not your Emby Connect.

Did you locate the passwordreset.txt file that the dialog mentions? Once you do that it will further instruct you from there.

KLF&TLF
23 minutes ago, Luke said:

Right so this is what I meant about Emby Connect login and the login on your personal server being two different things.

If you can't login on your Emby Server, then that's what you need to reset and not your Emby Connect.

Did you locate the passwordreset.txt file that the dialog mentions? Once you do that it will further instruct you from there.

No havent come across that file 

No havent come across that file 

on macOS the .config folder is typically hidden, so you may have to go to Finder and manually browse to it by typing in the folder path.

KLF&TLF
On 26/02/2024 at 15:45, Luke said:

on macOS the .config folder is typically hidden, so you may have to go to Finder and manually browse to it by typing in the folder path.

One down many to go. So how do I deal with missing episodes, upcoming episodes favourites and the likes

KLF&TLF

Side note while you guys figure out how to keep display settings in place, when you do a restart of your browser the sidebar goes back to talking up 1/8th of the screen you need to figure that one out too now