Improved management of Downloads

simonselmer

simonselmer

Hi

Me and my family just went on vacation and wanted to download movies and series to our phones for offline usage.

But we experienced that some of the requsted downloads never arrived to the phone.

Hence it would ne a good improvement to have better control and overview of the downloads, like:

- Where it says "Ready to tranfer", then capability to "force" download, because I experienced several items saying that, and never downloading

- Improved overview og status. Like if it's saying "Ready to tranfer", then I would like to see why doesn't it download, what is it waiting for.

- Ability to see in a movie or a series, IF I already requested it to download once. Because I would forget IF I set a specific movie to download or not, and it would great it what was illustrated on the movie.

- And if I already requested a movie to download once, and I do it again, then that Emby pop up and say I already requested that, if I want to cancel the first request.

I for example tried downloading whole season 1 -3 of a show, and then it turned out, it hadn't downloaded ep 1+2 in first season., and where also missing ep 8+9+10 in 2nd season, and I could tell why or force it to download.

I hope it makes sence and hope an improvement for the Downloads :)

• Like 3

rechigo

I fully agree with this. Coming back to Emby after abandoning my media server ~2 years ago, the download manager on Android (likely iOS as well) is still extremely hit or miss. Sometimes it downloads fine, but it's still extremely touchy... Sometimes stuff never downloads, sometimes the downloads just freeze (especially during any network changes/hiccups), and IF they resume downloading (that's a hard IF,  frequently I have to intervene myself to delete the download and re-add it), it usually starts the download again from scratch. I can't even count the number of times Emby has screwed me over before a flight/road trip because the download manager just straight-up sucks, to be honest. I get Emby is a small team, they have to support a ton of platforms (in terms of the server itself and clients), but the download manager just needs some love from the devs.

Edited by rechigo

HI, yes improvements to this are planned for future updates. Thanks.