Webhooks

stevehoffman203

stevehoffman203

I posted the above question prior to the 4.8 release and was told this would be enabled in 4.8.

The NextMediaType as described in the solution does not appear to be working.

As a reminder, I have a Webhook set to dim the lights when playback is started and another to bring the lights up when playback is stopped.  This works great except for binge watching TV shows.

In between every episode the lights come up for a second, then go back down, assuming due to a playback stop and a playback start. I was under the impression that the NextMediaType in the New Webhooks plugin would correct that and allow the lights to stay dimmed and long as the same media type was being played.

Thank you!

Hi, what makes you think it isn't working? The lights are something for you to figure out, not Emby.

From Emby's perspective, I can tell you that NextMediaType is being populated into the webhook.

stevehoffman203

The fact that it's evidently not recognizing the NextMediaType and still sending the webhook.

Perhaps I don't fully understand.  I was under the impression that if the NextMediaType was the same, then the webhook wouldn't activate.

From your response, it's leading me to believe that I need to add something to NodeRed for the next media type.  Is there a way to actually view the webhook that is being sent?

5 minutes ago, stevehoffman203 said:

The fact that it's evidently not recognizing the NextMediaType and still sending the webhook.

Perhaps I don't fully understand.  I was under the impression that if the NextMediaType was the same, then the webhook wouldn't activate.

From your response, it's leading me to believe that I need to add something to NodeRed for the next media type.  Is there a way to actually view the webhook that is being sent?

@stevehoffman203let's look at a specific example:

Thanks.

stevehoffman203

I think maybe this Webhook stuff is just over my head.  I cannot find a way to set nextmediatype in the Webhook setup.  When I send a Webhook to Node-Red, I don't see nextmediatype anywhere in the payload.

Other than the provided check boxes, I don't see any way to adjust what the Webhook sends.

I appreciate your help Luke, but I think what I am wanting to do is just over my head or something.

Thanks!

I cannot find a way to set nextmediatype in the Webhook setup

It's nothing that you set. It is in the json payload that you receive from the webhook.

stevehoffman203

Attached is the payload received by Node-Red from Emby. 

I don't see NextMediaType in it.

I must still be totally lost.

Payload.zip

4 minutes ago, stevehoffman203 said:

Attached is the payload received by Node-Red from Emby. 

I don't see NextMediaType in it.

I must still be totally lost.

Payload.zip 1.96 kB · 0 downloads

If you play using the web app, how does that compare? 

Are you sure you even have a play queue? Did you start playing a folder of multiple items? If you're just playing a single video then it's going to be null.

stevehoffman203
9 minutes ago, Luke said:

If you play using the web app, how does that compare? 

Are you sure you even have a play queue? Did you start playing a folder of multiple items? If you're just playing a single video then it's going to be null.

That may well be the issue then.  It's not a queue, but I guess it is a folder of multiple items.  It's TV Episodes all located in the Show Folder.

It starts as a single episode then automatically goes to the next and so on.  Basically binge watching a TV Series.

It might not be the issue. It could also just be that the android tv app isn't sending that data, so that's why I asked you to try the web app to see how that compares.