Adding Custom Tabs to Menu

Jphannon
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Jphannon

Is there a way to add custom tabs / buttons to the menu slide, just above my media out (pictured below):

image.thumb.png.4bedb45f0dc6f4336ea071d210d0f59a.png

If so what html file would i have to edit?

thanks

• Solution
Happy2Play

Not that I know of as the drawer is scripted in the navdrawercontent.js.

Jphannon

Oh ok then, just wanted to check as i have just moved from jellyfin and this was relatively easy to do over there but if its not possible I can live with it.

Thanks For letting me know.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, Jphannon said:

Oh ok then, just wanted to check as i have just moved from jellyfin and this was relatively easy to do over there but if its not possible I can live with it.

Thanks For letting me know.

How did you do it there as it is relatively the same navdrawer as they are just a really old version of Emby that they have customized?

Jphannon

It looks like this where I have added the Find Media tab:

image.png.241b05930de6d256776658d6442b885a.png

You can make these changes within the config.json file in the jellyfinweb folder

image.png.90eb2114ec6676fd7f26e5d0d21d5848.png

Edited by Jphannon

Jphannon

Instead of adding the link to the side bar menu, I have tried to add it to the home page about tv / movies but I am having problems with the spacing below the element as there seems to be 100 px bottom border on the button that even if i specify bottom border 0 is still there, and also the button scales across the whole screen (note forgot password is just a remnant from coping from another html element).

here is my home.html:

<div class="view flex flex-direction-column withTabs">

<div class="tabContent tabContent-positioned flex flex-grow" data-index="0">

<div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-direction-column flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

<div class="Personal-Links" style="top:70px;bottom:0px;text-align:center;position:relative;">
            <pre>
            <a is="emby-linkbutton" href="placeholder" target="_blank" type="button" class="raised block btnSelectServer">
                    <span>placeholder?</span>
                </a>
            </pre>

</div>

<div class="scrollSlider flex-grow padded-top-page">
                <div class="sections"></div>
                <div class="padded-bottom-page"></div>
            </div>
        </div>

</div>
    <div class="tabContent flex flex-grow" data-index="1">
        <div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">

</div>
        </div>
    </div>

<div class="tabContent flex flex-direction-column flex-grow" data-index="2">

</div>

</div>

and here is what it looks like on a web browser:

image.thumb.png.20c05b9589b9bd1bb9b213e1479a08ee.pngHow would I get rid of the empty space, and scale the button to a normal width?

Thanks

Edited by Jphannon

Jphannon

Dont worry, couple prompts to chat gpt fixed it:

<div class="view flex flex-direction-column withTabs">
    <div class="tabContent tabContent-positioned flex flex-grow" data-index="0">
        <div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-direction-column flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">
            <div class="Personal-Links" style="top:120px;bottom:0px;text-align:center;position:relative;">
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" href="placeholder" target="_blank" type="button" class="raised block btnSelectServer" style="width: 150px; margin: 0 auto;">
                    <span style="display: inline-block;">Find New Media</span>
                </a>
            </div>
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="tabContent flex flex-grow" data-index="1">
        <div is="emby-scroller" data-horizontal="false" data-centerfocus="true" data-navcommands="card" data-forcescrollbar="true" class="scrollFrameY flex flex-grow focuscontainer-down" data-bindheader="true">
            </div>
        </div>
    </div>
    <div class="tabContent flex flex-direction-column flex-grow" data-index="2">
    </div>
</div>

Screenshot 2024-02-19 115559.png

• Like 1

Happy2Play

Won't be where you want it but you can do the same in the index.html to put it in the drawer.  Didn't test to much.

image.png.32ebc0fb694e25e4ce6359473c951219.png

Code snippet removed previous style.

<body class="mainAnimatedPages skinBody">
    <div class="backdropContainer"></div>
    <div class="backgroundContainer"></div>
    <div class="mainDrawer hide focuscontainer padded-bottom-page" is="emby-scroller" data-miniscrollbar="true" data-horizontal="false" data-focusscroll="true" data-navcommands="card" data-bindheader="false">
            <div class="Personal-Links">
                <a is="emby-linkbutton" href="placeholder" target="_blank" type="button" class="raised block btnSelectServer">
                </a>
            </div> 
        <div class="scrollSlider mainDrawerScrollSlider"></div>
    </div>
    <div class="skinHeader focuscontainer-x focuscontainer-up headroom flex align-items-center flex-grow headerTop">

But needs more work for docked mini-drawer.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
ryderjj89
On 2/19/2024 at 2:06 PM, Happy2Play said:

Won't be where you want it but you can do the same in the index.html to put it in the drawer.  Didn't test to much.

image.png.32ebc0fb694e25e4ce6359473c951219.png

Code snippet removed previous style.

<body class="mainAnimatedPages skinBody">
    <div class="backdropContainer"></div>
    <div class="backgroundContainer"></div>
    <div class="mainDrawer hide focuscontainer padded-bottom-page" is="emby-scroller" data-miniscrollbar="true" data-horizontal="false" data-focusscroll="true" data-navcommands="card" data-bindheader="false">
            <div class="Personal-Links">
                </a>
            </div> 
        <div class="scrollSlider mainDrawerScrollSlider"></div>
    </div>
    <div class="skinHeader focuscontainer-x focuscontainer-up headroom flex align-items-center flex-grow headerTop">

But needs more work for docked mini-drawer.

I just added this myself and it works nicely. The only thing I wish is that it would open up in the main frame to the right. I'm not sure if that is possible to do. For now, I have it setup to open up a new tab which is pretty sweet.