Strange full pink image when watching content

Central12
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Slothey2Toes
4 hours ago, bi0h4zard said:

I have exact the same Problem

unraid, too

gtx 2080

Are you using Binhex's container? If yes, the issue is known and a fix should be deployed anytime.  In the meantime, just disable h.w. transcoding and let your 2650 v4s do the heavy lifting. That's what I'm doing with my 2667 v2s and they handle the workload fine.

bi0h4zard

Yes, i use it too.

Now running on software. It works fine.Only the  power consumption from the server is higher.

Slothey2Toes
On 3/2/2024 at 3:19 PM, Happy2Play said:

Devs will have to confirm but @Lukeis this the correct ffmpeg for 4.8.1.0 on this platform?  Shouldn't it be 5.1?

12:01:11.196 ffmpeg version 5.0.0-emby_2022_05_07-spc Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC

I just want to say thanks for pointing out an out-dated ffmpeg version was potentially the issue. You got the ball rolling on a resolution!

Let us know what happens when binhex updates their container. Thanks.

• Agree 1

bi0h4zard

Long Story short I "changed" to the original Emby Version and now all works fine for me. With "change" i mean completly delet all in the appdata/EmbyServer directory

image.thumb.png.c6bd7fba3520d8db168038ef9a3aef4e.png

and make a completly new install with Users etc. manually. Restores from Binhex Version and change Docker did not work for me.

Edited by bi0h4zard
  • Thanks 1

Slothey2Toes
7 hours ago, bi0h4zard said:

Long Story short I "changed" to the original Emby Version and now all works fine for me. With "change" i mean completly delet all in the appdata/EmbyServer directory

image.thumb.png.c6bd7fba3520d8db168038ef9a3aef4e.png

and make a completly new install with Users etc. manually. Restores from Binhex Version and change Docker did not work for me.

For clarification, what exactly is meant by "the original Emby Version"? I you referring to the "official" container? As in, you are no longer using Binhex's container.

It sounds like you had to basically start from scratch and build a new Emby container install from scratch. Were you able to restore user data, meta data, etc from your previous container?

bi0h4zard

I first accidentally installed the BINHEX

image.thumb.png.740211c219fa6f2061026cae83443709.png

Yes, Now i am running the official Emby Repository.

Backup and restore from Binhex are not compatible with the original. I tryed restore 3 Times. Dosn´t work for me. Try to change Dirictory etc.. I must set all manually including users. Can´t even Restore settings and passwords for Users.

Edited by bi0h4zard

9 hours ago, bi0h4zard said:

I first accidentally installed the BINHEX

image.thumb.png.740211c219fa6f2061026cae83443709.png

Yes, Now i am running the official Emby Repository.

Backup and restore from Binhex are not compatible with the original. I tryed restore 3 Times. Dosn´t work for me. Try to change Dirictory etc.. I must set all manually including users. Can´t even Restore settings and passwords for Users.

Hi, did you try a fresh install of the Emby docker?

bi0h4zard

I first accidentally installed the BINHEX? This was the thing from 3-4 years ago.

Hi, did you try a fresh install of the Emby docker?

2 Days ago I try this but...I think there is a difference between the 2 Docker files (Binhex and Official Emby). So you can not delet the Binhex and install the Official. I get Issues (things look strange and switch from one site to an other did not work.

I must realy delet all from the appdata\embyserver directory on unraid and install a fresh emby repository

A restore in the official Emby docker what i backuped from the binhex in the past did not work.

ALL running now with the official emby Docker clean new install.

• Thanks 1

Slothey2Toes
5 hours ago, bi0h4zard said:

A restore in the official Emby docker what i backuped from the binhex in the past did not work.

Did you make sure the container paths were identical between the two container versions? This seems like a container configuration issue. Central12 stated he was successful in migrating from Binhex to Official with a restore from backup. Where you backing up/restoring the container or using the backup/restore plugin WITHIN Emby? What you described to get things working sounded like a nightmare for people with large libraries and users. I'm glad you got things working again but, for me, I'm sitting tight and waiting for a fix.

bi0h4zard

Did you make sure the container paths were identical between the two container versions? Yes I do. 3 times ( Takes about 1.5 hours per restore). Nothing worked. The sides completly overlapt grafic issus, i canßt figur out the problem...So after 6 ours I made all NEW. Delet ALL AND INSTALL ALL NEW.  

What you described to get things working sounded like a nightmare for people with large libraries and users.

Yes, it was for me.

Waiting for a fix takes to long for me.

I would never use an inofficial Docker again.

Slothey2Toes
7 hours ago, bi0h4zard said:

would never use an inofficial Docker again.

I understand that, and I myself am sensitive to it. What you did was rash! I know you have 2650 v4s. Unless they're working 24/7, your need for hardware transcoding is weird. Let your 24-48 cores do work for a month. You're obviously a rash individual that doesn't research. Central12 did it, you should have reached out.

bi0h4zard

50 user 4k transcoding, good luck with softwaretranscoding... There is not only emby running on this server....rash lol yes...i burned two days of time. So yes i was to stupid to fix that, if you want to say that.

raph666
On 3/1/2024 at 9:07 PM, Luke said:

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

everything is ok with the official docker thank you

• Thanks 1

Slothey2Toes
On 3/25/2024 at 2:16 AM, bi0h4zard said:

So yes i was to stupid to fix that, if you want to say that.

My apology for coming across that way. I didn't mean any offense and understand your need to get things fixed right away, given your situation.

As for an update, Binhex just posted this on the Unraid forums: "I'm waiting on the upstream update, if it doesn't happen by the end of this week then I shall have to compile it myself and include in the build"

So, for the people who are holding out for a fix, it seems like it should be coming in about a week. A rather slow response I must say, but that is the way of things sometimes.

Arsimael

Hi.

I am on Arch. No Binhex. No docker. - Same issue. 

This is not solved for me. ffmpeg is 6.1.1-7. I use 6.x since it's release and had no issues. If I rollback to emby 4.8.1.0, everything works fine with the current ffmpeg version, 

If I update to emby-server 4.8.3.0 - I hve the pink.screen issue.

Any hints when this will be solved by emby?

Lessaj
33 minutes ago, Arsimael said:

Hi.

I am on Arch. No Binhex. No docker. - Same issue. 

This is not solved for me. ffmpeg is 6.1.1-7. I use 6.x since it's release and had no issues. If I rollback to emby 4.8.1.0, everything works fine with the current ffmpeg version, 

If I update to emby-server 4.8.3.0 - I hve the pink.screen issue.

Any hints when this will be solved by emby?

You should be using the emby-ffmpeg package, it's not been updated in the Extra repo yet though so for now you'll need to manually install it.

wget https://mediabrowser.github.io/embytools/emby-ffmpeg-bin-2023_06_25-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst
sudo pacman -U emby-ffmpeg-bin-2023_06_25-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.zst

Arsimael

I'm using ffmpeg for other apps and scripts too. I can'T replace the current running ffmpeg.
I don't have these issues with other transcoding processes. It's just emby and just since a certain version.

Lessaj

You don't have to replace your system ffmpeg, but you need emby to be using this version of ffmpeg.

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Arsimael said:

I'm using ffmpeg for other apps and scripts too. I can'T replace the current running ffmpeg.
I don't have these issues with other transcoding processes. It's just emby and just since a certain version.

Emby builds it own custom ffmpeg/ffprobe and is required to function full properly.

ffmpeg version 5.1-emby_2023_06_25 Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC

But the issue becomes with the package builders not getting/updating it.

Arsimael

I see. - Thanks for mentioning this.

Is sthere some kind of repo I need to keep it up to date? 
How can I configure emby to use a different ffmpeg version?

Lessaj

It will get updated in the Extra repo eventually, it's been flagged out of date for some time. Not sure why the maintainers haven't updated it.

If you have the Diagnostics Plugin you can go to Diagnostic Options -> FFMPEG Options and set it there.

EDIT: Not as familiar with running emby on arch so I'm not sure if there's any other place that would be better to do it, IE systemd service file, startup script, etc.

Edited by Lessaj

Arsimael

If anyone follows up:

There is an option in /etc/conf.d/emby-server which allows you to adjust the used ffmpeg binary.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Arsimael said:

If anyone follows up:

There is an option in /etc/conf.d/emby-server which allows you to adjust the used ffmpeg binary.

Couldn't you just use these instructions: 

?