Strange full pink image when watching content

Central12
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Central12

Hi, since updating to the latest version of emby, i'm now having issues where content is displaying nothing but a complete pink screen, i've noticed im only getting this issue when hardware transcoding, if i disable this the content plays fine. is there any suggestions on how to fix this?

Edited by Central12

Hello Central12,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Central12

Example of the full pink image. Audio comes through fine

Screenshot 2024-02-18 at 19.15.13.png

Edited by Central12

Central12

@Lukehi Luke, after some testing some more, this isn’t doesn’t seem to be just linking to certain files, it’s happening to anything that is being hardware transcoded. Which I was not getting before this update

Central12

On another thing as well. i've noticed that my tone mapping is completely blank and is not showing anything

raph666

any solution? I have the same problem.

unraid server

emby on docker

nvidia p2000 driver 545.29.06 I also tested with drivers 550.40.07

everything was working correctly before the last update.

Edited by raph666

RanmaCanada
On 19/02/2024 at 16:44, Central12 said:

Intel core i9-9900k, 32gb ram, RTX 2070 and latest nvidia drivers

Does the same thing happen when you use Quicksync?  I noticed in your log you aren't using it.  

Central12
On 27/02/2024 at 09:20, raph666 said:

any solution? I have the same problem.

unraid server

emby on docker

nvidia p2000 driver 545.29.06 I also tested with drivers 550.40.07

everything was working correctly before the last update.

Are you happening to be using binhex's app? I switched to the official version from emby team and that seemed to fix it, issue seems to be relating to binhex's version which uses arch 

raph666
On 2/29/2024 at 12:25 PM, Central12 said:

Are you happening to be using binhex's app? I switched to the official version from emby team and that seemed to fix it, issue seems to be relating to binhex's version which uses arch 

ok thanks, I will try it.

7 hours ago, raph666 said:

ok thanks, I will try it.

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.

Slothey2Toes

I am having the EXACT same issue. I'm on Unraid v6.12.6 and using binhex's container, Emby v4.8.1.0. I will be monitoring for more information. As a band-aid, I have disabled HW transcoding until this issue is resolved.

Edited by Slothey2Toes
typo

Slothey2Toes
On 2/29/2024 at 4:25 AM, Central12 said:

How difficult is it to switch to the official container from binhex's? You make it sound trivial.

• Solution
Happy2Play

Devs will have to confirm but @Lukeis this the correct ffmpeg for 4.8.1.0 on this platform?  Shouldn't it be 5.1?

12:01:11.196 ffmpeg version 5.0.0-emby_2022_05_07-spc Copyright (c) 2000-2022 the FFmpeg developers and softworkz for Emby LLC

• Thanks 1

Central12
14 hours ago, Slothey2Toes said:

How difficult is it to switch to the official container from binhex's? You make it sound trivial.

**Just forgot to mention i'm actually using the emby installation from Linuxserver not the official emby release** All i had to do is run a backup and restore plugin, Then setup Emby installation with folders mounted and then restore the backup on the Linuxserver version and the issue was resolved from there for me.

• Thanks 1

Slothey2Toes

I just upgraded to binhex's v4.8.3.0 and the issue has NOT been fixed. Very strongly considering moving to linuxserver version.

7 hours ago, Slothey2Toes said:

I just upgraded to binhex's v4.8.3.0 and the issue has NOT been fixed. Very strongly considering moving to linuxserver version.

Hi, why not use our official Docker container?

https://emby.media/docker-server.html

Slothey2Toes
25 minutes ago, Luke said:

Hi, why not use our official Docker container?

A good question I don't have an answer to. If I can't get the H.W. transcoding working soon with binhex, I will migrate to the official container this week end.

• Thanks 1

Slothey2Toes

Just a fallow up. I have reached out to Binhex and he is looking into the issue. Here is his response to a post in the Unraid forums:

Ah had time to do some more digging, so looks like there are two versions of ffmpeg included, emby-ffmpeg and ffmpeg, and its the former that needs to be updated, so i have contacted the upstream dev about the issue, hopefully he should pick up my message and if he agrees then should bump the package version and i can then rebuild and we should be good.

• Thanks 2