Mixed category for sports shows up under 'movie new releases'

Damien_

Damien_

Hi, So I have a category for sports. I dont have it listed on the home page, only as a top menu item. I built the library originally as a separate movie section and called it sports (TMDB has the metadata for it). But then I noticed new sporting events were being listed under new movie releases. So I rebuilt the library as mixed category. Still the same outcome, new UFC/MMA events show up under "new movie releases". 

These are separate libraries and prefer sports not to be mixed in with movies. I assumed creating a mixed library would fix this but to no avail. Is there a way to keep them out of new movie releases as they arent movies, nor in my movie collection?

Thanks,image.thumb.png.5f95962d7cb1427694634241aeceffdb.png

Damien

Hi, there is currently no configuration to exclude libraries from new movie releases, but I would expect those options to be expanded in future updates. Thanks.

Damien_

If the library isn't listed as a movie library (Mixed Content) and the content itself isn't advertised on the home screen besides the library itself-  I guess what I'm trying to figure out is what's the variable that causes it to be listed in 'Recently Released Movies'? since it seems like there's as much tying sports to a new released movie as any type of new media would (as far as I can tell).

IE- it's never listed under new media as I would expect, yet it's listed under new movies (which I love BTW and hope you do it for TV too).

Ultimately I'm just exploring any possible work arounds that might bandaid this in the interim is all. 

Thanks a lot for your help. 

If the library isn't listed as a movie library (Mixed Content) and the content itself isn't advertised on the home screen besides the library itself

All videos in a mixed content library are either episodes or movies. To you they are UFC, but Emby Server doesn't know that they're not movies.

We obviously need to provide more control and configuration around this. Thanks.